Associate Director of Student Involvement
Position Title:Associate Director of Student Involvement Job Category:Staff Department:Student Involvement - 6510915 Division:Student Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
Reporting to the Director of Student Involvement & the Student Center, the Associate Director is responsible for developing programs and policies that encourage student development and engagement through participation in campus-wide programs and leadership in registered student organizations. This position works closely with faculty and staff advisors.
- Develops, implements, and assesses educational, leadership, multicultural, and social programs, including, but not limited to: Grizzly Days, March Through the Arch, Student Leadership Conference, Leadership Series, etc.
- Manages Registered Student Organization (RSO) registration process
- Develops Registered Student Organization training sessions and workshops for student leaders and faculty/staff advisors
- Facilitates an outcomes based formation and funding process for student organizations
- Provides budget training for student organizations and collaborate with Student Involvement staff, Resources, and Accounting to ensure that student organization expenditures are compliant with all appropriate policies and procedures
- Manages student organization event permitting process; provide event planning assistance to student organizations
- Oversees implementation, marketing, training, and support for GGC's GetInvolved online system (Presence)
- Assists Director in advisement of the Student Government Association
- Provides professional staffing for student events and support for Student Center functions when needed
- Collaborates with faculty members and other Student Affairs departments on co-curricular programming initiatives
- Supervises Coordinator of Student Involvement and Digital and Media Student Assistants
- Maintains the Office of Student Involvement and the Student Center website
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Graduate degree (or higher) in Higher Education, Student Affairs, Student Personnel Work, or a comparable field from an accredited college/university required.
- Five or more years of progressive administrative experience in student programming, student organization advising, and/or program administration
- Previous work experience with college students
- Demonstrated ability to develop learning outcomes and program assessment
- Ability to foster and promote an integrated team approach to student involvement and successfully assess programming impact on learning outcomes
- Excellent fiscal, communication, advising and interpersonal skills along with a commitment to outstanding student service and teamwork
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of best practices in student activities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and other digital and media related software
- Ability to interact frequently with faculty members and members of the community
- Professional presentation and communication skills
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Depending upon specific duties, position may require a Collegeissued uniform or shirt to ensure employees engaged in representing the College to the community are clearly identified as such. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Exempt