Information Services Assistant
Information Services Assistant
Job no: 496359
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Clerical / Support, Other
The Information Services Assistant is responsible for answering calls to the university's switchboard, assisting in placing outgoing calls, monitoring the emergency alarm system, and assisting visitors and other university personnel. As part of the Information Services and Events Management team, this position supports Bucknell University's mission and upholds its quality standards of offering outstanding service.
This is a full-time position, 12 month, benefits eligible position and reports to the Information Services Supervisor. Candidates for this position must have flexible availability as the work schedule for this position will include all shifts (days, evenings, and weekends). This position is considered part of the University's emergency services staff and may be required to work during a declared emergency.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Answer incoming calls at the switchboard
• Monitor and respond to the Elaine Langone Center's fire and intrusion alarm system
• Perform University receptionist duties, such as answering questions, giving directions, handing out maps and information pamphlets and accepting student flower/gift deliveries
• Provide evening and weekend support for the University for drop-off and/or pick-up of packages, mail, special deliveries, guest suite keys, vehicle keys, event materials, luggage, Admission packets, etc.
• Back-up for Public Safety's communications
• Schedule conference call requests and assist with international calls.
• Schedule guest housing requests
• Provide directory services and responsible for restricted access/special use sign-out keys and equipment for the Elaine Langone Center and other campus facilities when appropriate
This position will also support Transportation Services after business hours. Duties include, but may not be limited to:
• Schedule and process Bucknell travel arrangements specializing in outside bus companies and limousine services and follow through on all responsibilities associated with each request
• Schedule shuttle responsibilities
• Support and provide coverage (during paid time off) to the Transportation Services Coordinator(s) and Information Service Assistant(s)
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in providing outstanding customer service is an office setting
• Excellent communication skills, with a willingness to be helpful and courteous
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities, to adjust priorities in a very busy environment.
• Displays initiative, dependability, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to respond quickly and efficiently to emergency situations.
• Knowledge of computers and Internet is essential.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• High school diploma or equivalent
We seek candidates who have significant prior experience working with and serving a diverse workforce and/or students.
• Must have flexible availability as the work schedule for this position will include all shifts (days, evenings, and weekends).
• This position serves as part of the Essential Services Team and must be able to reach campus in the event of an emergency.
• The ability to use telephone, computer and radio equipment is required.
• Previous office/receptionist experience
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: 17 Jun 2019 Eastern Daylight Time