Job Purpose: Responsible for operations of the Bursar’s Office and ensures that all billings, collections, financial aid accounting, receipting, reconciliation, and related functions are performed in an accurate, timely, and compliant manner. Provides key input on related software infrastructure. Directs the financial aspects of the student registration process. Acts as functional lead for the Accounts Receivable functions of the Student information System. Provides input and assistance with leadership, strategic planning and organizational direction of the office, coordination with the enrollment services division, and other duties as assigned in pursuit of Treasury/Bursar objectives.
• Ensure appropriate tuition and fee schedules are established in Banner and applied to student profiles.
• Oversee cash receipts operations for the Institute including cashiering, departmental deposits, vault, and petty cash. Primary fiduciary responsibility for Institute funds through proper safekeeping and accurate accounting.
• Oversee receipt, posting, and accounting of external scholarships, 1098-T processing, and the Perkins and institutional loan portfolio. Ensure accurate, timely processing, in accordance with Institute, state, and federal policies and regulations.
• Oversee collection activities, reconciliations, and AR aging's for GIT and Board of Regents.
• Responsible for general ledger account reconciliations, including TouchNet reconciliations, to verify proper handling and accountability of funds.
• Responsible for customer support services. Manage and support staff providing customer support to all Bursar customers including students, parents, and other departments. Ensure proper training and cross-training of staff and be available to assist with more complex issues and difficult customers.
•Ensure all non-sponsored accounts receivables are billed and recorded appropriately.
• Responsible for scholarship and fellowship accounting functions, and reconciliations.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Work Experience: Five to seven years
• Certifications: N/A
• Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Strong attention to detail.
Excellent customer service skills. Ability to effectively multi-task. Experience with accounts receivable, internal and external auditors. Exceptional oral and written communication skills and effective time management skills. Exceptional analytical, problem solving, organization, documentation, management, and leadership skills.
• Preferred Education: Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
• Preferred Work Experience: N/A
• Preferred Certifications: CPA
• Preferred Skills: Experience with Banner Student System, PeopleSoft Financial Management System, Workday Financial Management System, and Touchnet payment portal (or equivalent administration systems). Experience in a university environment. Experience using independent judgment and action to solve complex problems.
Additional Information: ***Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please visit http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/pre-employment-screening.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: students, parents, faculty, academic departments, Financial Services management and staff, Board of Regents staff, as well as internal, Board of Regents auditors, and State auditors. This position typically will advise and counsel: Students, parents, Board of Regents staff, Academic Departments, Enrollment Services, campus financial managers, and GT management and staff. This position will supervise: Bursars Office staff.