Assistant Swimming Coach
To assist the head swimming coach in the administration and operation of the swimming program consistent with the policies of Miami University, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, and other appropriate governing bodies (i.e. Mid-American Conference).
- Assist the head coach in the planning and administration of daily workouts.
- Assist in team travel under the direction of the head coach.
- Assist in equipment ordering, tracking and distribution.
- Assist in academic monitoring.
- Monitor, track and submit CARA logs weekly.
- Plan team functions throughout the season (i.e. team building, banquet, etc.) including reservations of facilities.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the team’s social media platforms and coordinate messaging with the sports information department.
- Work with the head coach to develop and distribute newsletters for various publics.
Bachelor's degree; experience coaching at the collegiate, high school, club level and/or equivalent professional experience; knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
EO/AA Statement and Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html (http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html), which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.