Position Summary: The College of New Jersey's Office of Campus Planning & Risk Management is seeking to hire a Project Manager to manage asset renewal projects under the direction of the Campus Architect. This position will manage the design process and collaborate with the College's Office of Campus Construction, which will manage the construction process.
The campus is located on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing, New Jersey. The College is primarily an undergraduate and residential college with targeted graduate programs. Its diverse community of learners is dedicated to free inquiry and open exchange, to excellence in teaching, creativity, scholarship, and citizenship, and to the transformative power of education in a highly competitive institution.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Developing and maintaining project scope, budget, and schedule
- Procuring professional design services
- Managing the design process, including collaboration with consultants and in-house personnel
- Coordinating with the College's Construction Project Manager for the Department of Community Affairs plan review and permit processes
- Coordinating with the College's Construction Project Manager for the bid and award process
- Performing construction administration services such as submittal and shop drawing review, review of Requests for Information (RFIs), Change Orders (COs), and occasionally attending construction job meetings and visiting the construction site.
Essential Qualifications: The Project Manager shall have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent education
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in an engineering firm or minimum of five years of experience as a project manager within a design department of a higher education institution.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to complete projects on time and on budget
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Project, and Excel, and a basic knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience working in engineering design department within a higher education setting.Experience with an engineering firm serving higher education clients is acceptable.
- Computer skills in Power Point
- Knowledge of State procurement requirements
- LEED accreditation
- Professional registration as an Engineer
- Experience working as an Electrical Engineer
- Familiarity with project management software
Applicants should forward their cover letter, resume and three professional references. A final offer of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
The College of New Jersey is an Affirmative-Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.