TRIO Upward Bound Instructor
Requisition Number STA - 201000000674
Job Title TRIO Upward Bound Instructor
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of TRIO Upward Bound Instructor.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
Due to the growth of the University, the Office of Provost is also expanding. Please note that there are multiple openings for the TRIO Upward Bound Instructor position.
To serve as Instructor for the Upward Bound Program during the Fall, Spring and Summer Academic Year Academies and Institute. Instructors will design and deliver innovative lessons to support students from 9th - 12th grade in their academic and/or elective subjects for added learning and preparation for High School and Collegiate Studies. Instructional design and delivery is expected to be Differentiated, Innovative, Hands-On, Creative and/ or Utilize Various Technology Platforms use are encouraged.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize Course Objectives provided for the class.
- Administering pretests, post tests and evaluations.
- Planning, teaching and preparing materials for classes.
- Evaluates student and group performance.
- Complete performance outcome assessments.
- Recommends program improvements.
- Attend regularly scheduled Staff Meetings. * Participate in Program Awards Ceremonies activities.
- Performs related duties as required.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher with concentration in the field of learning development and/or in the assigned teaching field.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective rapport with students and faculty.
- Sensitive to students' abilities and needs.
- Be able to provide hands-on activities and research opportunities/ideas.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Prior experience working with or teaching high school students.
- Knowledge of effective classroom management and instructional techniques.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Fall 2018 Session Hours: 8am - 1pm (5 hours per week)
- October: 6th & 20th
- November: 3rd & 17th
- December: 1st & 15th Spring 2019 Session: 8am - 1pm (5 hours per week)
- January: NA
- February: 2nd & 16th
- March: 2nd
- April 6th
- May 4th & 18th Summer Session 2019 Session: 8am - 3pm (7 hours - 4 days (Mon. - Thurs.) / 28 hours per week)
- June 10th - July 5th
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a Resume, Cover Letter and a list of (3) Professional References with their online application.
NEEDED TEACHING SUBJECTS:
- Math: Geometry, Algebra II, Pre - Calculus, Calculus, Statistics
- Science: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Anatomy/Health Science Environmental Science
- English/Composition: Eng. Language & Composition I & II and English Literature & Comp III
- Electives: Robotics, Humanities, Public Speaking, Creative Writing, Spanish, Computer Science
- Other Courses as announced
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher with concentration in the field of learning development and/or in the assigned teaching field?
- Cover Letter