#100074 HRIS (LMS) Admin and Programming Analyst
The classification of this position has changed to reflect the business needs of the department, effective 8/7/19.
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 06/19/19 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 06/28/19. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.DESCRIPTION
UC San Diego Health Human Resources (HHR) mission is to attract and develop the talent who enable us to discover, teach, and heal. To accomplish this goal HHR needs efficient, user-friendly systems and is in the process of building a talent review process utilizing the SumTotal platform. We are also continuing to build out and maintain our ServiceNow case management system and support the organizational efforts to move to a PeopleSoft environment.
This hybrid positions includes the following responsibilities:
• Administration, ongoing programming maintenance, advanced reporting, and light end-user support for our Performance Management SumTotal Platform.
• Serving as a conduit to our PeopleSoft IS service team, this may also include provide reports support with data management.
• Serving on our support team for our ServiceNow Case Management system (e.g., understanding and documenting user and process requirements, functional requirements, and when necessary, support development of technical requirements & workflow customizations.
The candidate will be have an understanding of SumTotal (or a similar LMS/HRIS platform), PeopleSoft and Service Now functionalities. This includes, but is not limited to being a key member of a dynamic team, responsible for designing user-friendly interfaces, and optimizing processes through automation. The ideal candidate will be an innovator that helps maintain, develop and, when needed, program applications that provide excellent customer experience.
The HRIS Administration and Programming Analyst applies skills as a seasoned, experienced software professional with a full understanding of industry practices, community standards and relevant policies and procedures to medium-sized projects or portions of large projects with moderate scope and complexity. Resolves a wide range of issues. Demonstrates competency in selecting tools, methods and techniques to obtain results.QUALIFICATIONS
A Bachelor's Degree in related area; and/or equivalent experience/training.
Three (3+) or more years of relevant experience (HRIS, Business Analyst or Programmer/Applications Analyst).
Professional experience, and proven success, providing applications programming support and management in a large scale organization.
Proven knowledge and experience with ERP/HRIS systems including Talent Management and Learning Management.
Experience planning, designing, developing, modifying, debugging, deploying and evaluating complex software for functional areas.
Experience with ServiceNow administration (e.g., user, form, service catalog, reporting, update sets and notifications).
Demonstrated experience performing complex data analysis and test/debug complex software.
Demonstrated experience analyzing design and use of complex data sources.
Strong understanding of moderately complex programming security practices.
- Experience in a healthcare environment.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and/or SumTotal platforms
- Experience with ServiceNow and/or ServiceNow HR Service Management (including development: Glide System, Service Portal Development, Workflows, Script includes)
- UX Design
Employment is subject to a criminal background check.