#100062 Data Systems Analyst 4
UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County. Reporting to the VC-CFO, Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class es and technologies to empower UC San Diego's servic mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university. As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability.
The Business Intelligence and Analytics Services team provides support for organizations throughout campus. Our current technology stack includes HANA, DB2, SQL Server, Informatica Power Center, Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) and SAP Data Services.
The Business Intelligence team is directing a BI Modernization program that includes the creation of new centralized data stores and rollout of an enterprise level BI tools. The program is engaging all VC areas in development of data models and BI reporting to address functional requirements. Join our team of experienced and innovative developers in creating strategic tools that will drive success for students, staff and faculty here at UC San Diego.
The position is responsible for applying advanced data / information management concepts and campus / medical center / OP objectives to resolve highly complex issues where analyses of situations, information or data require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Selects methods and techniques to obtain desired results. The position is also responsible for collecting customer BI requirements, developing related solution coordinating testing including user acceptance and overseeing related implementation. This position includes Cognos administration and development of OLAP cubes as well as senior level Cognos development and training,
• Develops full data / information documentation for highly complex small and medium-size projects. A) Identify BI customers B) Assist customers in identification of required reports C) Assist customers in generation of detail report requirements D) Coordinate requirements communication between customer and development team.
• Develop Cognos packages and cubes and Tableau Data Sources per identified requirements.
• Identify appropriate data sources required to meet identified BI requirements and capture related metadata.
• Determine requirements for maintenance and enhancements for existing BI reports and develop, test and implement related solutions.
• Plans and conducts data analysis efforts for highly complex small and medium-sized projects that may include managing partnerships between multiple institutions.
Employee must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Employee must be available to travel as required.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce.
This position is eligible for full: 1) Health/Dental/Vision Insurance2) Vacation/Holidays 3) Life Insurance4) UC Retirement Plan.
For more information about UCSD Benefits visit - http://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/index.html and UCSD Work/Life visit https://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/work-life/index.html
To calculate an approximate value of the UC Total Compensation package, please click here: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/total-compensation-calculator.phpQUALIFICATIONS
Extensive experience in Cognos model, cube and report development.
Highly experienced with full BI development lifecycle including requirements generation and accelerated development approaches, as well as report documentation.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Strong organizational skills.
Demonstrated advanced problem-solving skills. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Proven ability to plan and organize day-to-day workload on short and long-term projects.
Familiarity with highly complex data quality and governance issues and requirements.
- Experience in higher education analytics and data warehousing.
- Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on Background Check results.