Digital Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Specialist
Cedar Rapids, IA
Jun 14, 2019
Coe College is seeking driven and creative applicants for the position of Digital Marketing Specialist.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for many of the digital aspects of the College’s marketing efforts. This includes developing, managing and maintaining the primary website of the college (www.coe.edu) and developing content for and overseeing the College’s social media accounts, paid social media campaigns and digital/web advertising. A proven understanding of the prospective student and parent market and how it applies to the work being done is required.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Social Media:
- Manage paid social media advertising efforts and analytics in collaboration with the Director of Marketing.
- Develop and execute content and plans for all social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc).
- Manage and maintain the Coe College website (www.coe.edu) and assist with other sites as needed (alumni.coe.edu, my.coe.edu, www.coeathletics.com).
- Partner with internal and external content managers, editors, designers, developers and other college staff to ensure sites meet both client and college needs, align with the brand strategy platform and meet best practice web standards.
- Complete day-to-day website updates.
- Train and assist campus-wide website editing administrators on the CMS.
- Oversee site performance, responsiveness, security, maintenance, user-experience and accessibility (using Site Improve) while resolving any issues quickly and effectively.
- Develop, track and report on KPIs and ROIs using Google Analytics and use this information to enhance and improve the site.
- Continually analyze the site to make enhancements for SEO.
- Utilize Google Analytics, Google AdWords and other relevant sites on a continual basis.
- Develop landing pages and micro-sites as needed.
- Collaborate with Information Technology as needed to ensure the site is supported.
- Other: Assist with Office of Admission and other campus program needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in web development, digital media, communication, business, marketing, public relations or a related field.
- Higher education and admission experience desired.
- Experience managing multiple projects on various timelines and effectively assessing/reprioritizing workload regularly, problem-solving and anticipating scheduling conflicts/future needs.
- Experience with or desire to learn about SEO, Google AdWords and paid social media advertising and analytics.
- Successful completion of a background check in accordance with Coe College policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Ability to provide excellent management and leadership to the admission and marketing staff while working collaboratively with staff, management, college clients and IT support.
- Competency in using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator is desired but not required.
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards is desired but not required: W3C Web standards, WAI, ADA & Sections 508 and 504 compliance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous improvement, including the ability to accept and implement constructive feedback.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to working with the community.
- The ability to think creatively and innovatively while staying in tune with the needs and desires of the target market.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with people from a wide variety of offices, and maintain a positive atmosphere while working under time constraints and deadlines.
- Willingness to do what is needed to accomplish goals for the college.
- Dedication to the educational mission of a private, residential liberal arts college.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships in a collaborative and diverse team atmosphere.
- Commitment to excellence in service to students and other constituencies, internal and external.
- Demonstrated ethical and responsible decision making.
- Consistent attendance and accountability necessary to meet position objectives.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time (multiple hours).
- A valid driver’s license.
- The duties of this position require evening and weekend work.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.