COMPUTER SCIENCE & INFORMATION SYSTEMS ADJUNCT
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Computer Science and Information Systems Adjunct for a Fall 2019 appointment. The incumbent will provide instruction for the following types of courses:
- Logic and Problem Solving (Intro to Procedural and OOP, Pseudocode, Python)
- Networking Essentials (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Network Pro Certification)
- Computer Hardware and Software (Architecture and Assembly Programming Skills, PC Pro Certification)
- Introduction to Computer Science (Computer History, Number Systems, Intro Python)
- Mobile Applications Programming (Xamarin Forms in Visual Studio)
Please note that these are seated classes, they are not taught online
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems & Technology or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning preferred; or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems and 6 years or more experience in the field.
- Professional experience in Computer Science & Computer Information Systems or related field is highly desirable.
- Teaching experience, preferably in the community college setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary for working with diverse groups of people with varying backgrounds and learning styles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to and effectively learn new technologies (learning management systems, online tools, simulated lab environments, etc.).
- Familiarity with a breadth and depth of technologies, as applied to specific classes
This position will remain open until filled; however, earlier applications will be given priority. Forward cover letter, statement of teaching philosophy, résumé and contact information for three professional references to:
For more detailed information regarding this position or other employment opportunities, please visit our website at: www.sunysullivan.edu/humanresources
Affirmation Action/Equal Opportunity Employer