Adjunct Instructor - Psychology
DescriptionUnder direct supervision of the Associate Dean, the primary responsibility is providing instruction to students enrolled in a variety of Psychology and Ethics courses. Classes may include (but are not limited to): Psychology of Human Relations, Introduction to Psychology, and Introduction to Ethics. Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
- Ability to effectively deliver instruction, integrate technology into teaching of course material, work as part of a team, and use strong communication and organizational skills.
- Available to teach days, nights and in multiple formats (face-to-face, hybrid, internet)
- Must be open to feedback and have a growth mindset around instructional effectiveness.
- Must be accessible to students and maintain positive relationships with the various occupational programs at WCTC and with industry-related organizations and business.
- Preference to candidates with teaching experience in online and hybrid formats
- Master's Degree in Psychology or Philosophy or Ethics or a Master's degree in a related field with 18 graduate level credits in Psychology, Ethics or Philosophy.
- One year of post-secondary teaching experience required.
- Post-secondary experience in designing, planning and implementing alternative delivery formats (internet, accelerated, hybrid) and using Blackboard or similar learning management system.
- Teaching experience, work experience or experience developing curriculum in the area of international or diversity studies desirable.
All applicants must attach the following to the completed online application for consideration (Applications that do not have the required attachments will not be considered):
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Education - (Unofficial and/or official transcripts)
This position is Part Time (under 20 hrs./week) and teaches only when school is in session; Hours and times may vary depending on when courses are being taught.
Adjunct rate is $46/hour until the instructor obtains their Wisconsin Technical College System certification/credential.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Fontanini, Associate Dean at [email protected].