Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst II
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting Title Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst II Location Los Rios Community College District (District Office) Department Location Information Technology Posting Number C00970P The Institution
The Los Rios Community College District is the second largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and district office complex. The District office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The IT Network Administrator Analyst II is primarily responsible for supporting overall network security including, but not limited to, the following areas and software/tools:
Firewall management using Cisco Defense Orchestrator (CDO); System Incident and Event Management (SIEM) using Splunk; Data Loss Protection (DLP) scans and reporting using Digital Guardian; Vulnerability scans of network-based assets and servers using Tenable Security Center; Penetration testing using NMAP; and real-time inspection of network traffic for detection, blocking, enforcement and remediation of threats, targeted attacks and malware using TippingPoint.
The Information Technology Network Administrator II is a Network and VoIP Administrator and is an experienced Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst I, or equivalent who has primary responsibility for Network and VoIP Administration with complex integration responsibilities. The Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst II is distinguished from the Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst I by the amount of leadership exercised and the complexity and scope of work performed, and the exercise of significant autonomy in research and development of solution options. The Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst II operates with moderate oversight. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Information Technology department.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)Assignment Responsibilities
In addition to the typical duties of Information Technology Network Administrator Analyst I:
Operations (including security, performance, problem resolution, and budgets):
• Develops standards and procedures and maintains all wired and wireless network equipment located on the network.
• Develops standards and procedures and Maintains all VoIP central equipment located on the network.
• Plans and performs major upgrades of network operating system software and network equipment.
o Includes upgrades to network and data security software and hardware.
o Performs upgrades and installations using coordinated change management methodologies and procedures.
• Plans and performs major upgrades of VoIP central equipment located on the network.
• Researches and develops new procedures, processes to address emerging requirements.
o Remains cognizant of evolving state and federal laws and mandates regarding the protection of critical personal data and privacy.
• Coordinates work with technical and non-technical staff to develop project timelines, distribution of work, and assure timely completion of projects.
• Monitors industry trends, vendor announcements and product releases to identify changes that will impact existing and future services.
• Recommends changes for future consideration to improve security, performance, capacity, and cost benefit.
o Maintains network device patching methodologies consistent with accepted standards and procedures.
• Maintains security and staff access to network infrastructure (physical/wireless and VOIP).
o Analyzes and monitors network data security systems to assure a balance of user access and data security concerns.
o Uses diagnostic equipment and extensive network server, application, and workstation monitoring programs to detect malicious activity and to research possible violations of policies.
o Manages and maintains all network security scans and penetration tests, including remediation support and follow-up.
o Maintains a daily log of activities related to data security hardware and software problems, temporary circumventions and reconfigurations.
• Analyzes and resolves complex technical issues.
• Performs project management for network operating system, VoIP software upgrades and large-sized projects.
Organizational Support and Leadership:
• Provides assistance and troubleshooting support for other technical personnel, sometimes in other technical roles (e.g., database, systems and configuration management).
• Recommends changes to system architectures, policies, and procedures consistent with established plans.
Performs related duties as required.Work Year 12 month Work Schedule
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – FridayTotal Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week. Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in computer sciences, management information systems, engineering or closely related field and four years of experience directly related to the job duties; OR, a Bachelor’s degree and six years of experience directly related to the job duties; OR, an Associate’s degree or a network administration certificate and eight years of experience directly related to the job duties.
Promotional: Two years as an Information Technology Analyst I in the Los Rios CCD. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)Application Instructions
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.Physical Demands Salary $7,825.91 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note Posting Detail Information Posting Date 06/14/2019 Closing Date 07/09/2019 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
N/AHow and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.Quicklink http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/11665 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed, copy and paste the provided link, for the form <a href="http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf" target="_blank">http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf</a> and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document