Student Personnel Assistant - Student Services
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting Title Student Personnel Assistant - Student Services Location Los Rios Community College District (Cosumnes River College) Department Location Elk Grove Center Posting Number C00978P The Institution
Cosumnes River College (CRC) values diversity, focuses on creativity and personal enrichment, and empowers students to reach their full potential as informed and productive members of the community. CRC is a leader in innovative ideas and sustainable values. One of the four colleges of the Los Rios Community College District, Cosumnes River College seeks candidates who are knowledgeable about the impact of implicit bias in teaching and learning, and who implement culturally responsive teaching techniques and effective practices for engaging students.
Serving south Sacramento County and Elk Grove since 1970, CRC’s main campus and its Elk Grove center provide a dynamic learning environment for more than 14,000 ethnically and racially diverse students. One of the top 10 most diverse 2-year public colleges in the nation (noted in the Almanac of Higher Education, Fall 2015), CRC is a student-centered, open-access community college dedicated to preparing students for an ever-changing future.
CRC awards Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, Associate degrees for Transfer, Career Education certificates, and transfer credit for students who intend to continue their education at a four- year college or university. Our 200+ programs include automotive technology, radio, television and film, allied heath, veterinary technology, and architecture and design technology, among others.
With a focus on improving completion outcomes for all students, programs like Umoja, the Puente project, and DIOP Scholars and Native American Higher Ed Resources, look to increase the number of Latinx, African-American, and Native American students who complete a degree, certificate and/or transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Student support services and programs including CARE, EOPS, Enriched Scholars, and First Year Experience enhance the ability of all students to complete college. CRC is recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and as an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
CRC strives to be an exemplary and innovative community college that empowers students and employees to strengthen the cultural, social, economic, and environmental well-being of their communities.
Under general supervision of assigned manager/supervisor, serves as a staff assistant in providing student services and information on college programs in one or more of the following areas: Admissions and Records, and/or Matriculation. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Elk Grove Center, 10051 Big Horn Boulevard, Elk Grove, CA 95757.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details).Assignment Responsibilities
● Oversees students, peer assistants, and temporary staff.
● Maintains confidentiality of information and materials.
● Serves as a resource person to students and staff.
● Develops forms for office use.
● Performs general office duties such as filing, maintaining records, answering the phone, and making appointments.
● Prepares periodic reports.
● Provides assistance in coordination of budget requests and allocations.
● Transmits data to the central district computer.
● Attends appropriate conferences, workshops, and staff meetings as assigned.
● Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains student aides and temporary staff for registration, orientation, and office work.
● Maintains timesheets and tracks budget for student aides and temporaries.
ADMISSIONS & RECORDS (Typical duties plus):
● Distributes program information materials, catalogs, and brochures.
● Prepares and updates lists of information and resources available.
● Answers routine questions regarding program requirements.
● Interprets program regulations and assists students in obtaining needed support services.
● Maintains bulletin boards, display racks, and other visual displays.
● Provides program assistance to individual students, staff, and faculty.
● Assists in performing high school liaison duties including participation in college day/night programs and routine visits to feeder high schools.
● Assists with business liaison duties including participation in Ed/Career Fairs and on-site registrations at our off-campus locations.
● Collects information about students using records and tests.
● Assists in coordination of veteran’s benefit programs for students.
● Provides assistance in coordination and planning for activities in the Reentry/Women’s Center.
● Compiles and studies occupational, educational, and economic information to assist students in making and carrying out vocational and educational objectives.
● Generates and monitors bulk mail.
● Provides assistance in coordinating efforts for advertising (signs, newspaper ads, press releases, TV).
MATRICULATION (Typical duties plus):
● Develops and distributes information packets to high school principals and counseling departments announcing each semester’s registration procedure.
● Distributes early application packets to high schools and at special events.
● Coordinates student retention projects.
● Coordinates phone calls for the purpose of recruitment / retention / persistence.
● Keeps staff informed about enrollment management activities.
● Answers tutoring questions and schedules student appointments with tutor.
● Hires, schedules, oversees, and collects timesheets for all tutors.
● Proctors make-up tests.
● May assist with Disable Students Programs and Services (DSP&S) note taking, tutoring, and test proctoring during summer session.
● Logs hours of tutors and tutees.
● Collects and evaluates information about students referred by faculty for early alert services.
● Provides students with assessment information and directs them to appropriate campus services.
● Operates computerized assessment systems.
● Scores tests using computer scoring systems.
● May assist with administering diagnostic, placement and specialized tests, vocational interest inventories, and aptitude tests, and proctor exams.
● Conducts assessment orientation sessions.
● Assists with large and small group orientations to the college.
● Develops, coordinates, and delivers new student orientation presentations using PowerPoint.
● Assists in producing and updating new student orientation video in English and other selected languages.
● Works with counselors to develop their orientation presentations.
● Maintains database of student orientation information and attendance and posts on Scheduling and Reporting System (SARS).
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – FridayTotal Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in a Los Rios Community College District student support services position or similar position with related duties.
EDUCATION: Completion of an Associate’s Degree or 60 semester units (90 quarter units). NOTE: An additional year of qualifying experience may be substituted for up to one year of college education.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)Application Instructions
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.Physical Demands Salary $3,695.23 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note Posting Detail Information Posting Date 06/14/2019 Closing Date 07/11/2019 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
N/AHow and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.Quicklink http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/11821 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed, copy and paste the provided link, for the form <a href="http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf" target="_blank">http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf</a> and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- * Please cut and paste the provided link to read and review the CRC Statement concerning the value of cultural competence.https://pa-hrsuite-production.s3.amazonaws.com/2949/docs/133235.pdf I have reviewed the CRC Statement Concerning the Value of Cultural Competence:
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document