Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy IDS2435Job TitleWEB DEVELOPERDepartmentApplications and InfrastructureSchool/Parent OrganizationInformation Technology Parent OrgDivisionFinance and Administration DivisionEmployment CategoryFulltime-RegularAnticipated start date07/01/2019If temporary, expected end dateHours per week37.5Weeks Per Year52.20Normal Start Time08:30Normal End Time17:00Position/Job Summary
Work with various web-based environments to support and maintain Ithaca College’s website. Participate in business requirements gathering and technical design. Develop testing methodologies, debugging, perform upgrades and patching.Position/Job Responsibilities
1. Develop or modify complex software programs from specifications.
2. Participate in business requirements gathering and technical design and lead implementation.
3. Build testing strategies and plans based on project requirements and system design details.
4. Design new procedures and technology integrations to improve efficiency and service; research new architecture and recommend implementation.
5. Develop, create, program, maintain and or monitor programs, databases or software.
6. Design user experiences with clear navigation, usability, and accessibility. As appropriate, adhere to visual design standards established by College Communications.
7. Ensure user interface-level security to protect against unauthorized access of screen/functions and establish systems to prevent malicious injections.
8. Write documentation related to development work and share ideas with the team.
9. Assist with testing, debugging, upgrades, and patches of in-house developed and purchased software solutions as appropriate.
10. Assist with troubleshooting code and identifying resolution of program errors or bugs.
11. Enhance the development process by identifying, proposing, and implementing improvements.
12. Establish guidelines, best practices and standards related to designing and maintaining accessible websites, IT software systems and online materials.
13. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.Work authorization (select one):Visa sponsorship is not provided for this positionDepartment descriptionCollege Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State’s scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger’s as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.eduMarket Hiring Range$65,000 to $75,100FLSA StatusExemptIs this position eligible for benefits?YesQuick Linkhttp://ithaca.peopleadmin.com/postings/16093Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).