Grant-in-Aid Specialist (Assistant Director of Compliance)-Division of Intercollegiate Athletic...
Grant-In-Aid Specialist (Assistant Director of Compliance)
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Primary Position Function:
The Grant-in-Aid Specialist (Assistant Director of Compliance) is responsible for monitoring financial aid received by student-athletes in accordance with University, Big Ten Conference and NCAA regulations.
- Act as primary liaison for Division of Intercollegiate Athletics to University Office of Student Financial Aid
- Educate coaches, student-athletes and staff on NCAA Bylaws 14 & 15
- Proactively monitor all forms of financial aid to ensure all aid sources adhere to NCAA, Big Ten Conference and University rules preventing NCAA, Big Ten Conference and University rules violations
- Prepare and present educational materials for coaches, student-athletes and staff regarding recently adopted NCAA legislation
- Prepare appropriate reports to coaches, administrators, and compliance office to ensure compliance with all NCAA, Big Ten Conference and University Rules
- Prepare National Letters of Intent and initial financial aid tenders for all student-athletes and prospective student-athletes, ensuring NCAA financial aid limits are adhered to
- Coordinate renewal, reduction and cancellation of financial aid agreements for continuing student-athletes
- Coordinate with Office of Student Financial Aid to determine annual full grant-in-aid and cost-of-attendance figures for NCAA equivalency calculations
- Coordinate student-athlete awards and team meals
- Document recruited status of student-athletes for countable financial aid purposes
- Coordinate room and board payments to student athletes
- Coordinate distribution of Student-Athlete Opportunity Fund
- Verify summer athletic aid amounts and student-athlete eligibility to receive summer athletic aid
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institutional rules that relate to this position.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, higher education administration, sport management, or related field
- Minimum of two years of experience in intercollegiate athletics, working with financial software
- Master's degree in sport management, business administration, ore related field
- Knowledge of and experience with NCAA Division I financial aid
The successful candidate will have:
- Computer proficiency
- Proven ability and desire to work independently and to perform accurate and detail-oriented work
Salary and Appointment Information:
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close date. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by June 30, 2019. Apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable), and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, please contact Benjy Wilber at [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.College Name or Administrative Unit:Division of Intercollegiate Athletics Category:2-Administrative Title:Grant-in-Aid Specialist (Assistant Director of Compliance)-Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (115985) Open Date:06/14/2019 Close Date:06/30/2019 Organization Name:Intercollegiate Athletics