Part-time Delivery Driver - Mobile Science Program
Posting DetailsEmployment Opportunity Job TitlePart-time Delivery Driver - Mobile Science ProgramDepartmentBiologyPosition Summary
The Advancing Science Program at Gettysburg College is seeking a part-time, casual Delivery Driver. The Advancing Science Program is a pre-college outreach program that delivers science equipment and activities to area schools (primarily in Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin and York Counties). Generally, the position will work 15 hours per week (2 days/week) during the school year.
The primary duties of the position include delivering equipment to area K-12 schools. The job requires the ability to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs. Driving is an essential function of the position; therefore, a valid driver’s license is required.Qualifications
To qualify for the job, an applicant must be able to obtain Act 153 background clearances required by schools. Must have a favorable driving record. More information about the outreach program may be found at www.advancingscience.orgSpecial Instructions Summary
Position will remain open until filled.Posting Number20100570AEEO Statement
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate (GED) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Frederick News Post – Local Newspaper
- Gettysburg College Digest
- Gettysburg College Website
- Gettysburg Times – Local Newspaper
- Hanover Evening Sun – Local Newspaper
- LGBT in Higher Ed Website
- Merchandiser – Local Newspaper
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News – Local Newspaper
- Referral from Gettysburg College staff, faculty, friend or family member
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Women in Higher Ed Website
- Other Website or Listserv (Please note specific website or listserv below)
- Other Source (Please note other specific source below)
- If you noted "Other website or Listserv" or "Other source" above, please let us know specifically where you heard about this employment vacancy.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter