Career Coach - Recruiter
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Summary of Position:
Plans, develops, coordinates, and provides recruitment services to middle schools, high schools, adult learners, organizations and special events. Flexible scheduling and extensive travel is required on a weekly basis including nights and some weekends. Hours of this position will be 930am-6pm Monday-Thursday and 730am-4pm on Fridays.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Perform office functions which may include, but are not limited to: respond to internal/external customers and staff; create, modify, proofread and edit documents, records, and reports using College standard software; maintain hard copy and/or electronic filing system; monitor inventory and budget information; schedule, coordinate, and prepare materials for meetings and/or appointments.
3. Recruitment, Advisory and Admissions Services - Supporting Actions May Include:
- Act as the "face" of Western serving as the liaison to regional adults, informing prospective students about academic programming, assessment resources, career opportunities, admissions, financial aid, and Western support services through multiple avenues, including but not limited to creating and conducting group presentations, one-on-one meetings, promoting the college at events, and regional locations with an emphasis on public and personal speaking.
- Provide support for Credit for Prior Learning program by providing information to prospective students
- Maximize and promote the use of current/future technology in serving prospective students through social media and other communication modes.
- Plan, develop, and coordinate recruitment and sales efforts and activities for adult learners, businesses, and community members in various targeted markets to generate FTE growth by increasing college readiness and matching students with appropriate Western programs or transfer opportunities through career coaching.
- Use technology and report-writing tools to track ,tabulate, and report inquiries, responses, and assessment data, follow-up, and matriculation outcomes for planning and communication purposes.
- Research best practices in recruitment, and career and labor market trends to develop recruitment strategies to best reach target markets.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with faculty, staff, and administration in support of admissions initiatives, up-to-date course information, program admission capacities, program outcomes, and instructor experiences; coordinate a schedule with academic divisions for Western faculty to be part of the recruitment process.
- Work with Western Regional Location staff to ensure an understanding of program and course offering at individual locations, and assist in event planning at these locations.
- Represent Western at various events including but not limited to Career Fairs, Community Events, Business meetings, Open House, and tours.
8. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western's culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Marketing, Communications, Human Resource Development, or related field OR
- Associate Degree combined with appropriate occupational experience in related field totaling 3.5 yrs. (7,000 hrs.) OR
- Occupational experience in related field totaling 3.5 yrs. (7,000 hrs.)
- Preference given to those with a 2 year to 4 year postsecondary education path
- 2 years preferred in related field
This position reports to: Manager - Hospitality & Outreach
Starting salary range based on education and experience: $19.57-$24.47 based on a 40 hour work week
Hours of this position will be 930am-6pm Monday-Thursday and 730am-4pm on Fridays.
This position would include competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, WRS and more.
Applicant review will begin: July 3, 2019
Start Date of: August 2019
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.