Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Computer Engineering
Posting DetailsPosition Information Academic Home Department:Computer EngineeringPosting Job Title:Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Computer EngineeringRecruitment Type:Tenure-Track Faculty Position Details Full Time Faculty Rank:Assistant Professor or Associate Professor - TBDArea of Specialty-Discipline:Computer and Electrical EngineeringAdministrative/Distinguished Title - Working Title if applicable:Position Status:Regular FacultyTenure Track Status:Tenure TrackTerms of Employment:9-MonthContract Type:Full-timeDate Position Available:08/05/2019 Position Qualifications/Responsibilities Position Qualifications - Responsibilities:
- Teach courses in subject areas of computer, electrical, and software engineering.
- Engage in active research activities leading to publications and funding acquisitions.
- Mentor and advise students.
- Contribute to building a best-in-class computer engineering department and program.
- Participate in service committees and work groups.
- Ph.D in Computer and/or Electrical Engineering or related field or its foreign equivalent.
- Industry experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record and potential to engage in research and acquire funding.
- Teaching experience at the college level is ideal.
- Expertise in the areas of digital and embedded systems, computer networks, IoT, or artificial intelligence.
- Knowledge and experience in software development and product development is a plus.
Dr. Thomas Fallon, Search Chair, [email protected]Additional Information for Applicants
We are building an exciting Computer Engineering program that currently has 350+ students. Come join a dynamic team of faculty, staff, and students with the mission to produce future esteemed engineers, innovators, and leaders.Application Instructions Posting Details KSU Faculty Posting Number:000751USG Applicant Clearing House Position ID:42110Departmental/College Overview:
Computer engineering (CpE) is a discipline that integrates several fields of electrical engineering and computer science required to develop computer hardware, software, systems, and applications. Computer engineers have the benefits of possessing a background in both hardware and software. Therefore, they get to create and implement the “brains” of physical systems. Graduates go on to become any of various types of engineers such as computer, electrical, software, firmware, hardware, embedded, and systems integration. Jobs and industries that computer engineers participate in are broad, including but not limited to semiconductor, robotics and automation, consumer electronics, automotive, computer systems and networks, and communications and signal processing.
Usual tasks involving computer engineers include writing software and firmware for computers and embedded systems, designing embedded hardware, integrating sensors and actuators, designing mixed signal circuit boards, and designing operating systems. Career paths for computer engineers are exciting and plentiful due to demands for CpE technical skills to commercialize constant technology advancement in augmented/virtual reality, nanotechnology, Internet of things (IoT), multi-core processors, artificial intelligence, advanced sensors, and wireless communications.Kennesaw State University Campus and Location:
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one of the country’s most dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.EEO Statement:
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Letter of Application
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (official transcripts due upon hire)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research/Scholarship Interests
- Teaching Portfolio
- Summary of Teaching Evaluations
- List of Names and Contact Information of Three References