Program Director - Capitol Applied Learning Lab
Program Director - Capitol Applied Learning Lab
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Georgetown University's Capitol Applied Learning Lab (the CALL) will be an experiential learning site at which undergraduates, from the Georgetown University “hilltop” campus, will enroll in an immersive semester built around a 20+ hour per week internship, alongside relevant coursework and professional and personal development activities. The Program Director provides leadership by developing and teaching for-credit internship courses and cultivating a portfolio of internship opportunities, policies, and practices that will shape the new Lab. S/he will be the CALL's founding Director, administering many aspects of the CALL, in collaboration with a program coordinator to be hired after the Director begins. Reporting to the Vice Provost for Education, the Program Director has duties that include but are not limited to:
Leadership for Experiential Learning / Internship Development
- Develops and manages internship relations with a wide variety of organizations.
- Works closely with faculty to deliver a tailored curriculum.
- Conducts outreach to current/prospective students to promote the benefits of experiential learning.
- Ensures quality internship experiences for students by assisting site managers in the development of positions that complement and enhance students' academic and professional goals.
Teaching and Advising
- Teaches internship seminar on a regular basis.
- Develops and facilitates innovative workshops.
- Advises students on available internship opportunities and places them in internships appropriate to their goals.
- Interacts with University academic staff and faculty to build curricular relationships and cross-campus support for the CALL.
- Facilitates placement of students in positions related to their academic major, monitors students' on-site assignments, and develops supporting documentation for academic credit.
- Conducts site visits to local governmental, NGO and non-profit sites in order to maintain relations, expands experiential learning opportunities, and promotes out-of-the-classroom experiences and learning activities related to students' academic studies / career directions.
- Collaborates with departments/student services to effectively market experiential learning, developing and conducting an assessment plan.
- Participates in staff activities/meetings, an annual performance evaluation, and professional development activities including involvement in state, regional, and/or national associations.
- Maintains an accurate record of student information and guidelines on relevant processes.
- Master's Degree; PhD preferred
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in higher education
- Ability to maintain critical communications with supporting departments
- Ability to participate in philanthropic fundraising, when applicable
- Administrative experience preferred
This position has a priority application deadline of May 1, 2019 but will remain open until filled.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Downtown-Campus/Program-Director---Capitol-Applied-Learning-Lab_JR06197
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency