- Work closely with Assistant to the President and President to support day-to-day operation of President’s office including acting independently.
- Supports the Assistant to the President in maintaining calendars for the Office of the President including President’s, President’s spouse, President’s House and Assistant to the President.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties in support of the President and CFO’s offices: answering telephone calls and passing them on, arranging meetings, receive, sort and distribute mail, manage staff appointments, maintain up-to-date employee time off records. Photocopy and print out documents. Assist in preparing presentations. Assist in preparing correspondence and confidential document for President and CFO’s signatures.
- Provide backup to Assistant to the President with events scheduled at President’s House.
- Maintain office files.
- Assist in travel arrangements for the President as appropriate.
- Maintain spreadsheets regarding correspondence from President and President’s spouse as well as assisting in the coordination of correspondence sent from various offices on campus (i.e. Development and Alumni Relations, Alumni, Admissions, etc.) that go out under the President’s signature.
- Collaborate with Development and Alumni Relations on donor relations’ correspondence.
- Provide appropriate assistance during Trustee meetings, Reunion, Commencement and other campus events.
- Serve on various committees as liaison for President’s Office as asked, such as the Commencement and Reunion Planning Committees.
- Provide support to the Honorary Degree Committee in coordination of committees’ charge. Maintain Committee lists, set up meetings, record notes and distribute minutes. Relay status of Candidate to President.
- Coordinate in consultation with President, Honorary Degree candidates’ statuses to Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees; set-up phone calls with potential recipients, prepare correspondences.
- Arrange all aspects of Honorary Degree candidates visit to commencement for them and any guests. Includes travel arraignments, accommodations, on campus activities, prepare agenda, welcome packets, accommodate special requests as needed. Communicate with faculty host and Events to support Honorary Degree candidates visit.
- Assist with Board of Trustee Partner Programs. Help plan spouse programs as directed by President’s spouse; arrange off campus reservations, guest speakers, plan locations and food/beverage service; provide transposition for spouses to/from campus when applicable.
- Responsible for coordination of Presidential Scholar mailing.
- Participate in planning and implementation of special events involving President’s office on and off campus.
- Responsible for Office inventory lists.
- Maintain and order departmental supplies and equipment for President’s office.
•Perform other duties as assigned by the President. Currently providing support for CFO.
- Required to work occasional evenings & weekends as needed.
- Commitment to confidentiality, tact and discretion.
- Performance of the above duties require you to be at work.
Health & Safety:
All staff has a statutory responsibility to take reasonable care of themselves, others and the environment and to prevent harm by their acts or omissions. All staff is therefore required to adhere to the University’s Health, Safety, and Environmental Policy & Procedures.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of personnel so classified
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain accuracy and composure under pressure.
- Proficient in office equipment functionalities and document management
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to exercise personal judgment, and willingness to exercise initiative are required.
- Requires independent judgment and customer service focus across broad and diverse subjects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive work ethic.
- Must be flexible and enjoy working in a collaborative team-oriented atmosphere.
- Possess strong time management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive matters.
Experience, and Skills
- Associates Degree or equivalent in related field. Coursework or certifications that demonstrate knowledge of basic correspondence communications.
*Minimum of three years’ experience or related/applicable experience.
Experience, and Skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field or in a related area in an office setting that demands independent judgment and handling of confidential records.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Posting Detail Information Close DateOpen Date06/13/2019Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions for this Posting
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson University actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).Reference Request Details Maximum Number of Reference Requests4Minimum Number of Reference Requests2Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clarkson Website
- Massena-Potsdam Courier Observer
- Hispanic Outlook
- IM Diversity
- Insight Into Diversity
- New York Job Bank
- North Country This Week
- St. Lawrence Plaindealer
- Veterans Administration
- Watertown Daily Times
- Ogdensburg Journal
- Employee Referral
- Alumni Referral
- Conference Referral
- Discipline specific journals
- Discipline specific website
- Times Union
- I do not wish to answer
- * What is the highest level of completed education that you currently hold?
- Highschool Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- ABD (all but disertation)
- Cover Letter