Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
Posting Number: AP0190204
About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech’s College of Engineering is positioned to fuel the pipeline of talent for industry and academia, filling the work force gap needed to fulfill a globally competitive and innovative economy. The college is ranked No. 8 nationally for its research expenditures and No. 13 nationally for its undergraduate program. As part of the university’s plan to increase undergraduate enrollment, Virginia Tech will increase undergraduate enrollment by 2,000 students in computer science, computer engineering and related disciplines at its Blacksburg campus over the next eight years. This position will help create content across social platforms that highlight’s the college’s and university’s strategic priorities.
Are you a creative, strategic, flexible, risk taking team player that can think out of the box and work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? The Social Media Manager resides in the College of Engineering’s advancement communications team and will report to the Director of Communications to produce exceptional social media and web content that promotes the college’s priorities and builds brand awareness, in alignment with the university master brand. The position will collaborate with the college’s advancement team, university relations, and college departments in order to inform decisions based on best practices, implement strategy, and analyze efforts. The position will provide recommendations for departmental communications and advancement team members who manage social accounts, and provide on-the-ground and in-the-moment snapshots of our dean, students, faculty, campus events, design team testing, and cool happenings that showcase the college’s strengths, while considering various audiences and stakeholders. Applicants should include three examples of work on social media campaigns, showcasing a variety of platforms and two examples of web content that could include photography, short profile story, or video.
- Bachelor’s degree and work experience equivalent to an advanced degree.
- Experience with management of social media content that promotes a brand and continues to build brand awareness across digital and print platforms, while leveraging content from multiple platforms across a brand unit.
- Skill in crafting and managing a strategic social media plan, compelling content strategies and calendars, and creative and engaging social media campaigns across social platforms to include: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Adobe Content Management System, and YouTube.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders across a brand unit to enforce best practices of social media.
- Skills in social media analytics, monitoring, publishing, and engagement platforms.
- Ability to define the role of each social media platform for the college, present and in the future, while maintaining an understanding of the latest trends and best practices to stay at the forefront of the next big thing in social media.
- Photography, videography, illustration, and graphic design skills.
- Experience collaborating, planning and managing photo and video shoots to support college team work in order to produce high quality images and footage.
- Experience providing creative direction and delivering feedback.
- Data analysis and interpretation.
- Diverse portfolio.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Quick Link to Apply: http://listings.jobs.vt.edu/postings/98484