Culinary Arts Chef Faculty
Posting DetailsPosition Information Tenure StatusNon-TenureRankAssistant ProfessorTerm Length12 MonthsTerminal one year contractPosition StatusFull TimePosition TitleCulinary Arts Chef FacultyCampusChicago - Goose IslandIf other, please specify
Position will transfer over to the new Michigan Ave. Campus upon completion of build-outPosition Summary
National Louis University seeks full-time Culinary Arts faculty to teach in its Undergraduate programs.
Faculty are expected to teach and inspire a culturally and linguistically diverse student population as evidenced by outstanding student teaching evaluations. The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to innovative delivery of instruction and support and mentoring of students consistent with National Louis University’s mission.
Demonstrated capacity to use a diverse range of effective and new technology-based strategies as well as openness to
adopting new practices is expected. Candidates must also be willing and able to participate in the administrative
responsibilities of an academic unit, including, but not limited to, assessment, faculty development, new program
initiatives, outreach to prospective students, etc. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively and work
cooperatively with departmental colleagues in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Full time presence on campus during teaching days in addition to set office hours.
• Providing student support for every aspect of learning in the form of office hours, tutorial assistance, coaching and
career and academic assistance and advice.
• Development of coursework, in accord with the college dean and program director, updating course materials to keep
courses at the leading edge of knowledge in the disciplines.
• Community service in the form of serving on standing and ad hoc committees, attendance at Senate meetings, etc.
• Participation in faculty development initiatives and cross school projects.
• Assistance with hiring and training of adjunct faculty
• Attendance at key school events such as graduation ceremonies, university community meetings, college and program
meetings, professional development training opportunities, etc.
• Any other assistance deemed appropriate to promote the program and to maintain its teaching delivery at the highest
level of quality.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Representation of the program and college to outside local, national and international communities through industry
consulting, academic or trade press publishing, citations in general media and trade press, attendance at regional,
national and international conferences (as approved within the school budget), paper presentations at academic and
• Any other assistance deemed necessary to promote the mission and goals of the program, college, and university.
• Associate’s Degree or a minimum of 10 years of experience in the culinary field in a variety of restaurants in a management role required, Bachelor’s preferred
• At least 2 years of teaching experience in Higher Education.
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
American Culinary Federation Certification, preferred
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Transcript A
- Transcript B
- Transcript C
- Other (Licenses, Certifications, Etc.)