NCE Graduate Assistant –Social Media, Communications, and Event Support
Posting DetailsClassification Information Job Type Graduate Assistant (GA) Min Salary Mid Salary Max Salary Fund Information (Required) Fund 1001 Org 010540 Account 400012 Program 50 Position Information Position Title NCE Graduate Assistant –Social Media, Communications, and Event Support Campus Chicago - Michigan Ave. If other, please specify Hours per week Up to 10 hours per week Start Date 07/01/2019 End Date 06/30/2020 Position Summary
Position provides support for NCE’s faculty, staff and collaborates with NLU Marketing to keep our digital presence “fresh” with new content provided by SMEs; draft communication materials; and assist with the planning and execution of NCE events.Required Qualifications
Students must have either a valid Social Security Number or a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) for required IRS reporting .
• Be enrolled at NLU at least half-time for classes needed toward your degree.
• Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
• Have completed a college level English course
• Have basic competency in Microsoft Word applications to compose items
• Be familiar with popular social media sited such as Facebook, Linked In, and Twitter
Important Note: Students are only eligible to receive one NLU resource per academic year. The only exception to this policy is students who are awarded one of our institutional merit-based donor
The ideal candidate for the Graduate Assistant position must possess the required abilities: strong communication skills; excellent customer service skills; self-motivated and detail oriented; have existing computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel); clerical skills; excellent phone and email etiquette; professional demeanor; must be
able to maintain confidentiality; must be dependable and reliable.
The Graduate Assistant will support NCE’s Department. The candidate’s essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist with event planning and management.
• Develop a schedule for posting relevant NCE materials on each social media outlet.
• Collaborate with NLU’s digital content manager to share deployment schedules
• Communicate key events on social media pages with links to register for any posted event.
• Draft content to post on social media and monitor responses.
• Measure NCE social media activities by counting views and followers and hits with an emphasis of which topics generate the most interest.
• Draft NCE website ‘spotlight’ profiles or news announcements to highlight:
o Faculty Research
o Conference Presentations
o Alumni Awards and promotions
o Alumni research and presentations
• Partner with AC staff to regularly update the NCE suite of websites.
• Assist NCE Project Manager to create and deliver electronic messages to stakeholder including NCE students, alumni and active professional partnering educators.
• Data entry
Please Note: Per the Illinois Unemployment Insurance guidelines, any work positions that are paid and classified as student employment, such as Federal Work-Study, College Employment, Graduate Assistant
and Harrison Fellow, etc., are not eligible for unemployment compensation, once the position has ended. Participation in the Student Employment program does not constitute bona fide National Louis University
employment status. Therefore, when you are no longer participating in the student employment program, you would not be eligible to request or receive unemployment compensation.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in USA?
- * Are you currently enrolled (or soon to be enrolled) student at National Louis University and/or Kendall College?
- * What is your Student ID Number?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter