Administrative Assistant to the Office of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs
Bard CollegeAdministrative Assistant to the Office of Development and Alumni/ae AffairsThe Administrative Assistant to the Office of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs is a critical member of a busy and fast paced Office of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs. They serves as the lead receptionist in the Anne Cox Chambers Alumni/ae Center as well as provides administrative and operational support to the Director of Development and is the primary back up to the Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs.
- Greeting all who enter the Anne Cox Chambers Alumni/ae Center.
- Answering the Director of Development’s (DoD) phone and serving as back up on answering the main Development Office phone lines, as well as answering other phone lines as requested.
- Manage the student workers (3-5) and their time sheets.
- Serve as backup on gift entry and acknowledgement letter creation.
- Maintain detailed records of the Office of Development/Bard College Fund budget.
- Schedule meetings, travel, donor tours, as needed for the Director of Development and other senior staff as needed.
- Process requisitions for payment, manage DoD expenses.
- In coordination with the Executive Assistant to the Vice President, manage the Seena and Arnold Davis ‘44 living room calendar.
- Take and distribute meeting minutes, agendas, materials.
- Maintain Sample books of appeals.
- Assist with campus wide events, Commencement, Family Weekend, Arrival Day, and other special events, as needed.
- Assist the Office of the Bard College Fund during Phonathon, Thank A Donor, and other programs as assigned.
- Enter and maintain donor records in Banner / Ellucian as assigned.
- Maintain the professional presentation of the front desk and living room.
- General administrative support of the development office staff as assigned.
- Ability to handle a wide variety of constituents in a calm and professional manner
- Commitment to maintaining discretion when handling information learned in the course of executing duties.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to plan organize, anticipate, and track multiple priorities
- Strong work ethic with ability to manage tasks independently while remaining a member of a dynamic fast paced team
- Willingness to learn new skills when necessary
- B.A., B.S., or A.A. preferred
- Previous administrative experience required
- Volunteer/event management experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of Google tools, Excel, Word, and databases expected
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.