Deputy Director, Bard Globalization and International Affairs Program (BGIA)
Bard CollegeDeputy Director, Bard Globalization and International Affairs Program (BGIA)The Bard Globalization and International Affairs Program (BGIA) is seeking a Deputy Director to join our team.
BGIA provides a unique opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students and recent college graduates from around the world to take specialized courses in international affairs while working in carefully-selected internships based on individual interests.
The Deputy Director is involved in many aspects of BGIA’s operations and programing:
- assist with connections to the BGIA faculty and faculty, staff and students on the Bard campus in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY
- provide internship placement support
- assist in maintaining and expanding network of internship placement contacts
- plan and attend social and cultural events and provide support for BGIA orientation sessions
- oversee course registration process
- track BGIA admissions process and follow-up with applicants
- plan and attend 8-12 recruiting trips in the spring and fall semesters
- assist with other operational and programmatic needs
- represent BGIA at events and conferences
- provide leadership when the BGIA director is away
- assist with academic advising for students
- assist with admissions and financial aid decisions
- Energetic, creative, flexible, and open-minded.
- Efficient time management skills with experience managing multiple priorities, multitasking, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently, as well as comfortable working as part of a team.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, including experience editing.
- Candidates must be willing to travel for recruiting purposes, and available on some evenings and weekends.
- Applicants with an interest in international education, student affairs or social work as well as international affairs are strongly desired.
- M.A. preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience preferred.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.