Senior Benefits Representative
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-06-13
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Senior Benefits Representative, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Educates and counsels employees (individually or in group settings) on benefits eligibility including health and welfare plans.
- Assists in conducting the Benefits and Retirement portion of New Hire orientation to provide up to date accurate information to new employees.
- Responsible for reviewing underpayments reports and oversees the processing of the bi-weekly EIB and termination reports. Reviews the daily/weekly integration reports. Handles report request made to, or received from, People First.
- Communicates with employees going on or returning from leave of absence concerning benefit premium payments. Processes the Employer section of Disability claims. Works Gabor biweekly report.
- Serves as a resource for university business managers and department heads regarding employee eligibility rules and impact on department budget (ACA).
- Serves as the liaison between the university and People First to proactively resolve complex issues.
- Utiizes eCase/MyHRW system and move money procedures as needed for resolution of benefit issues.
- Works with payroll department to troubleshoot deduction issues.
- Contributes to the development of benefits integration systems with office of Information and Technology. Attends meetings as needed.
- Assists in training when changes occur in the People First and Workday systems.
- Serves as back-up to Benefits Manager. Guides other team members. Assists with retirement related issues as needed.
Must have office/administrative experience.
Prior experience working in human resources preferred.
Prior experience working with Workday HCM, PeopleFirst and/or The Florida Retirement System preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel required.Salary:$35,000 - $40,000College or Department:Human ResourcesLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Application Deadline: 2019-06-20-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.