Lecturer in Chinese
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleLecturer in ChineseJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This is an open until filled search. First consideration will be given to applications received by June 29, 2019. Second consideration may be given to applications received by July 13, 2019. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (July 13, 2019) may not be given full consideration.
The Department of Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures at the University of Rhode Island anticipates an opening for a Lecturer in Chinese.
Position is full-time academic year, limited to 06-20-2020, with anticipated renewable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teach Chinese language courses at the beginning, intermediate and advanced levels. Teach in the Chinese Language Flagship Program as needed. The position also requires doing some administrative work for the Chinese Language Flagship Program and participate in program-related activities.
1. Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area, such as teaching Chinese as a foreign language, or Chinese Language and literature.
2. Native or near-native proficiency in Chinese and English.
3. At least two years of prior experience of teaching Chinese at the university level.
4. Demonstrated experience in proficiency-oriented, and task-based teaching.
5. Demonstrated experience performing administrative work in a university’s academic programs.
6. Demonstrated experience in organizing and overseeing study abroad Program.
7. Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups/populations.
1. Demonstrated experience in organizing and proctoring standardized tests such as OPI, OPIc, LTI listening and reading comprehension tests.
2. Demonstrated experience in K-12 outreach in the United States.
3. Demonstrated excellence with content-based and project-based instruction.
4. Demonstrated excellence with blended teaching and learning, and using modern technology in language instruction.
5. Demonstrated experience in creating on-line Chinese language course.
6. Prior experience teaching in a Chinese Language Flagship Program.
7. Demonstrated experience in the four-day full OPI training workshop is a plus.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.UnionAAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus Academic Year, Full-time, Non-tenure-track, LimitedEnd Date of Restriction or Limitation Department Information DepartmentLanguagesContact(s)Contact EmailCampus LocationKingstonGrant FundedNoExtension Contingent on Funding DateSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Please attach 2 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Profile Application:
(#1) Cover letter including a description of how your qualifications match the requirements for the position (as one complete pdf document).
(#2) Curriculum Vitae.
Important note: Please have 3 letters of recommendation emailed by the referees directly to Dr. Wayne He, Search Chair, at: [email protected]Posting Information Position Number109336Posting NumberF00148Posting Date06/13/2019Closing DateOpen Until FilledYesQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.uri.edu/postings/5107Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area, such as teaching Chinese as a foreign language, or Chinese Language and literature?
- * Do you have native or near-native proficiency in Chinese and English?
- * Do you have at least two years of prior experience of teaching Chinese at the university level?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience in proficiency-oriented, and task-based teaching?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience performing administrative work in a university’s academic programs?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience in organizing and overseeing study abroad Program?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience working with diverse groups/populations?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral