Delaware County Community College, a competency-based institution committed to diversity, invites applicants for the Administrative Assistant to the Vice Provost, Academic Affairs and Vice President, Campus Operations.
Reporting directly to the Vice Provost, Academic Affairs and Vice President, Campus Operations (Vice Provost), the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing high-level support to the Vice Provost and serves as a liaison between the Provost's Office and other Department and Executive Offices. This position serves as a liaison between the Vice Provost and college campus departments and committees, such as the Office of the Provost, the Senior Leadership Team, Deans, Assistant Deans/Directors, administrators, faculty, and support staff. Additionally, this position supports the Vice Provost's activities with community groups, school districts, four-year university partners, and representative leaders in business and industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, planning and organizing events and meetings; maintaining the Vice Provost's calendar; preparing documents, reports, and presentation materials; handling research work and special projects as requested; and maintaining paper and electronic filing systems. Primary duties cover a broad range of activities from standard administrative support duties to more complex support functions, requiring confidentiality; exceptional organizational, time-management, and technology skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook). The Administrative Assistant must be able to work independently; possess advanced problem-solving skills; and possess effective listening, oral, and written communication skills.
Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (Monday - Friday)
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to: -
- Coordinates meeting and event logistics, including gathering and preparing background information and preparing agenda/programs and PowerPoint presentations as needed.
- Manages a complex calendar and uses judgment in prioritizing meetings.
- Drafts standard written communications for the Vice Provost.
- Conducts research and prepares materials and reports for meetings and events.
- Manages multiple projects and is flexible, detail-oriented, and has ability to work independently.
- Supports and maintains an electronic filing system
- Supports the delivery of dual enrollment initiatives..........
- Serve as liaison for the Vice Provost with college and community groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have:-
- Associate's degree required; bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of office work experience preferably in an academic setting.
- Exceptional technology skills, including advanced Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Outlook, Banner, Argos, Canvas, and Google Docs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating and maintaining databases and e-filing.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive, confidential, and complex situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent oral & written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule as needed.
- Experience supporting a senior level executive or academic officer.
Pennsylvania Act 153 Clearances
Applicants are required to either present to human resources current and valid PA Act 153 clearances or be able to obtain them expediently.
DCCC is an equal opportunity employer.