Facilities Specialist - Mechanic
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Building Equipment & Maintenance Manager or designee, the Facilities Specialist-Mechanic is responsible for the repair, maintenance, troubleshooting, installation, monitoring and operation of all building systems and equipment. Maintains records, installs, repairs, modifies and maintains mechanical systems and equipment.
- Perform all routine preventative maintenance duties, and adhere to set timetables for their completions.
- Update preventive maintenance procedures for all assignments
- Assist with all minor repairs, modifications, testing and installation of all building systems and equipment
- Investigate tenant complaints and make the necessary repairs
- Install, repair, modify, and maintain mechanical distribution, basic plumbing and building/HVAC controls
- Perform daily walkthroughs, record various data and fix problems
- Determine material and equipment required to complete work based on drawings, schematics, and specifications.
- Move furniture and equipment
- Perform snow removal and landscaping services as needed
- Assist all other members of facilities maintenance including mechanical, general repair and maintenance, as well as ground maintenance
- Ability to be on-call during off shift hours/holidays
Perform other duties as required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Facilities Maintenance
- Thorough knowledge of tools required to perform all repairs on major job components
- Demonstrated ability to read and work off mechanical, electrical and architectural plans.
- Proficient in MS Office (Work, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
Under the general supervision of the Building Equipment & Maintenance Manager or designee _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May perform work in all Medical School facilities
- Is subject to possible exposure to chemicals, gases, electrical shock;
- May work in confined spaces on ladders.
- Ability to perform physically arduous tasks; normal dexterity, visual acuity, ability to lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Ability to climb and work from ladders and scaffolding, and work in confined areas