Digital Content Strategist
Posting DetailsPosition Information About the University of West Georgia
Just west of Atlanta, the University of West Georgia is a second home for more than 1,800 faculty and staff members dedicated to transforming lives and changing perspectives. With over 13,700 undergraduate and graduate students and nearly 90 programs of study, we’re a university of anything’s possible. We embrace diversity. We value community. We drive growth. We engage – as students, faculty and staff – and work collectively to be the best comprehensive university in America, sought after as the best place to work, learn and succeed.
Join our pack and get a front seat to history in the making. Special things happen when you Go West. Come see for yourself.
For more information about UWG, visit https://www.westga.edu/about-uwg/Classification Title Digital Content Strategist Position Type Administrative Department University Communications & Marketing Position Title Digital Content Strategist Position Number 8810 Pay Grade Range Nature of Work
The digital content strategist works with the AVP of UCM and the Director of Web Services to set digital marketing strategies to align organic messaging with paid strategies for digital, web, social, e-marketing, blogs, etc. This individual will research and execute best practices for optimizing our digital presence through research, testing, services, and digital technology developments to identify, monitor, and access cutting-edge digital opportunities. The digital content strategist will collaborate with web service colleagues to develop and analyze web traffic metrics and suggest solutions to boost our web presence, monitor SEO/SEM, and optimize marketing and recruitment performance metrics to forecast trends and increase engagement. This role will trend-spot and identify audience preferences related to new campaigns and will liaise with UCM colleagues to optimize our user experience and ensure brand consistency. The creation of social media strategies will live within this position for building and executing social campaigns that maximize organic traffic and enhance constituent interactions with UWG. This individual should possess an in-depth knowledge of social media marketing, data analysis, user experience metrics, SEO tools. The social media strategist will develop and implement an institutional social media strategy, monitor and measure metrics, provide details reports on results, develop and implement social media campaigns, strategies and initiatives and manage an editorial calendar. This role is also critical in the monitoring and managing of challenge and crisis communications that may impact our institutional reputation. The new Digital Content Strategist should report to the Director of Web Services due to the daily interaction of the digital content strategist with web service colleagues to ensure alignment in data analysis, user experience metrics, SEO tools, marketing messages, recruitment efforts, etc.
Develops unique strategies and build upon current brand strategies within the digital arena to meet/exceed objectives • Executes projects to be high quality, on time, and cost-effective/on budget • Fosters timeline development and monitors progress, ensuring deadlines are met • Develops strong, trusting relationships between campus clients and agency partners related to digital strategy, ideation, and execution • Manages campus expectations, bringing issues/concerns to attention before they become challenges • Proactively keeps abreast of assigned clients’ marketing and media plans, and provides technological solutions including rich media, site optimization, promotional ideas, mobile, social networks, viral, etc. • Writes communications briefs, ensuring that creative and media are effectively integrated • Collaborates in research studies that yield rich insights into consumer online behavior and key motivational/attitudinal behavior • Develops a total understanding of online target audience and mindset modes • Provides campaign performance reporting and analysis to UCM leadership • Provides and execute UWG’s social media plan and strategy as part of the overall communication plan • Directs and manages social media policy, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with them.
• Trains and educates UWG constituents as the university’s social media expert • Works with the AVP of UCM and the manager of media relations to identify faculty experts and thought leaders through WebCV and social media platforms • Manages new comprehensive social media strategy across all platforms.
• Demonstrates an extensive understanding of all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, Giphy • Develops and implement creative, innovative and cutting-edge ways of promoting UWG through social media, such as Facebook Live events, viral videos and contests.
• Monitors real-time messaging on social media platforms.• Responds to questions on social media about subjects such as admissions, academic advisement, academic programs, financial aid • Works with the director of strategic communication to disseminate information in challenge or crisis situations on an on-call basis • Defines key performance indicators and implements measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge social media effectiveness • Applies marketing research and development methods to develop an understanding of emerging trends in social media • Shoot photo and video to support social media messaging.• Develop graphics using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator • Provide support to student organizations, departments, and academic areas • Perform other duties as assigned.
•Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, mass communication or related discipline, plus two to three years of professional experience in digital and social media development, implementation, marketing, management and one year of experience in developing social media strategy.
•Excellent written communication skills
•Photo and video experience
•Highly organized and detail-oriented
•Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
Master’s degree in a related field
Blogging experience a plus
Understanding of WordPress and other content management systems a plus
Ability to move around campus for capturing in-the-moment stories, photos, etc. Some work and travel outside the office and local community will be required and will include carrying photo/video equipment to create digital messaging and imaging.Does this position require any special certification/ license? If yes, please specify. no Work Hours Notice to Applicants
Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, the University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment.
It is the policy of the University of West Georgia to follow federal law in regards to affirmative action and equal opportunity. The University of West Georgia.s affirmative action program and related policies are developed in compliance with Executive Orders 11246 and 11375, as amended; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Sections 503 & 504) and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Title II) and their implementing regulations; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as it amends 38 U.S.C. 4212.Posting Detail Information Posting Number S01184P Posting Date 06/14/2019 Closing Date 06/30/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicant Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please provide a detailed example of your most successful digital and/or social campaign to date; how you assessed efforts and measured success;tools and analytics used; testing and results; and your report structure (dashboards, narrative, etc)
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please provide one to two highlights of what you think of UWG's digital and social presence and any ideas for improvement.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please provide your point of view regarding digital and social policy and procedures and your role in the creation and governance of such policies and procedures.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3