Temporary Full-Time Lecturer of Mathematics
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Temporary Full-Time Lecturer of Mathematics Posting Number Fac00403 Employment Type Temporary Benefits Available No Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The School of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a temporary full-time position as Lecturer of Mathematics. Appointment is within the Department of Mathematics. Pending budget approval, this appointment is expected to begin August 1, 2019 and continue through December 31, 2019.Essential Duties
Job duties include teaching 15 credit hours of coursework during Fall semester in lower-level mathematics courses; participation in departmental and college committees; and teaching both day and evening classes at the Brunswick campus or the Camden center location as needed.Minimum Qualifications and Training
• A Master’s degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, or a closely related field (with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in mathematics) at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications and Training
• Experience teaching mathematics at the post-secondary level.Special Instructions to Applicants
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date 06/13/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts 2