Assistant Vice President for Finance/Comptroller
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleAssistant Vice President for Finance/ComptrollerPosting NumberSta00543Recruitment TypeExternal - Open to All ApplicantsEmployment TypeFull-TimeBenefits Available Yes Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The Assistant Vice President for Finance/Comptroller reports to the Vice President for Business Affairs and is responsible for directing and managing the College’s business services functions including accounting, auditing, purchasing, payroll, financial reporting, Bursar’s Office, Card Office, budget reporting, records retention, central stores/receiving, mailroom and equipment inventory. The position also manages the accounting, auditing, financial reporting, and software maintenance for the College of Coastal Georgia Foundation. This administrative position also reviews, evaluates, and modifies controls related to all the areas above and assures compliance with Federal, State, and Board of Regents policies and procedures. Persons holding administrative positions serve at the pleasure of the President and perform an appropriate combination of college and community service activities.Essential Duties
- Serves as the Chief Accounting Officer of the College.
- Directs the accounting, accounts payable, payroll and ensures assures that all procedures are done in accordance with the methods prescribed by the Board of Regents and in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures; interprets guidelines of several agencies which regulate accounting standards.
- Directs the Department of Student Accounts/Bursar including cashiering, billing, student accounts, and MAC card office.
- Manages bank account balances.
- Assists in the preparation of pro formas for Public Private Ventures; monitors and reports on actual revenues and expenditures compared to pro forma projections; monitors GSFIC project budgets.
- Manages the development of mandatory and elective fee rates.
- Perpetually reviews, evaluates, and documents internal controls.
- Evaluates and manages risk related to reliable financial reporting.
- Oversees the purchasing of materials for the College; assures that acquisitions are made according to guidelines established by the Board of Regents and the rules and regulations of the Department of Administrative Services.
- Directs and oversees the mail services for the College which includes the receiving and distribution of mail for the College and the processing and charging of all outgoing mail.
- Reviews accounting records, ledgers, journals, etc. to ensure the accuracy of the College’s financial records; analyzes cash flow.
- Prepares financials statement of College and Foundation in compliance with GASB, FASB and BOR.
- Oversees compliance with Title IV regulations related to student accounts and refunds.
- Prepares a variety of financial reports for internal and external sources.
- Reviews, monitors and reports on PPV projects.
- Maintains forms, tables and rules in the accounts receivable BANNER system for student registrations.
- Maintains and directs use of PeopleSoft financial systems, provides reports, queries and functional support for PeopleSoft financials and HRMS as requested.
- Maintains software systems for Central Stores and Foundation accounting.
- Administers the acquisition, disposition, and transfer of all institutional property according to Board of Regents’ policies and state laws and insures that inventories are maintained on all institutional properties.
- Provides guidance to the campus on records retention policies and arranges for proper storage of appropriate records.
- Supervises, coaches, and evaluates staff using proven and effective management techniques and within guidelines of College policies and procedures; provides training and development opportunities for staff when appropriate.
- This position is designated by the institution as a Position of Trust.
- Required qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Minimum of ten years experience in accounting or business management, CPA preferred.
- Experience in fund accounting and management of relational database accounting systems.
- Extensive knowledge of governmental accounting practices and general knowledge of purchasing practices.
- Experience in non-profit accounting and understanding of FASB reporting requirements.
- Excellent communications skills and a commitment to providing services in accordance with the stated mission, goals, objectives, and priorities of the College.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date05/31/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts 1
- Transcripts 2
- Other Documents