Clinician or Clinical Assistant Professor
Request/Posting Number 0712140
Classification Title Clinician or Clinical Assistant Professor
Working Title Student Teacher Supervisor
Job Class # 700200
Type of Position Non-Tenure/Adjunct Faculty
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) To be determined
Department School of Art - 05620000
Job Category Faculty - Non-Tenure (Adjunct)
General Summary In anticipation of possible openings, the School of Art invites applications for Student Teacher Supervisors to supervise student teachers for the upcoming academic year. This position is to mentor teacher candidates in their student teaching internship. The supervisor is a liaison between ISU and the school district personnel, primarily the cooperating teacher. The supervisor is responsible for observing the student teacher on-site and providing a formal assessment of the teacher candidate's teaching episodes. In addition, the supervisor will assess reflection assignments written by the student teacher. The supervisor is responsible for providing the grade for the student teacher of the student teaching class.
The supervisor will be expected to do the following:
1. Complete six visits with the student teacher and the cooperating teacher within the semester.
2. Attend three student teaching seminars.
3. Keep weekly informal communication with the student teacher through phone calls or emails. Also, informal communication with coop as needed.
These positions are represented by the Illinois State University Education Association and may have associated dues or fees.
Applications are accepted continuously and reviewed as vacancies become available. There may not be a vacancy at the time you apply.
Additional Information: The School of Art at Illinois State University provides a professional and academic education for students desiring careers in the visual arts. Our students benefit from our highly accomplished and diverse faculty who teach a broad range of courses that represent a broad array of media and disciplines.
Required Qualifications 1. Bachelor's of Art Education.
2. Three years of teaching experience.
3. Ability to support and mentor the student teacher throughout the student teaching experience.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication.
5. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
6. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Desired Qualifications: 1. Master's degree.
2. Experience as cooperating teacher and/or student teacher supervisor.
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees 1. Bachelor's of Art Education.
Hiring Rate/Range Salary varies based on number of students
Work Hours Varies
Proposed Starting Date: 08/16/2019 or 01/01/2020
Posting date 06-12-2019
Closing date Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please complete the faculty employment application and attach separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383 or visit http://equalopportunity.illinoisstate.edu/ada/.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Human Resources has partnered with PageUp People to support the move of ISUJobs from our current platform to this new platform. Applicants interested in postings and positions raised after July 1, 2020 will need to access our new system at that time and create new accounts along with new application materials.
Contact Information School of Art
Departmental Homepage https://finearts.illinoisstate.edu/art/
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Optional Applicant Documents Certification of Retirement Annuity (required for SURS annuitants only)
Civil Service Test Not Applicable
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations across campus.