Custodial Maintenance: Environmental Services Technician 3rd Shift
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the 3rd shift, full-time position of Environmental Services Technician. The job of Environmental Services Technician exists for the purpose(s) of maintaining an attractive, sanitary and safe facility for students, staff, and public. This is a multifunctional position. Under general direction, performs semi-skilled and skilled custodial services in keeping assigned areas clean, orderly, and secure. The technician must assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc. The technician must work under widely varying time constraints, yet still as expediently as possible. The technician must ensure that all activities are performed around school schedules and site meetings. While the primary focus is on custodial duties, this position is frequently required to coordinate with other departments, maintenance personnel, outside contractors, and various other outside groups.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, and three professional references when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer
Examples of Duties:
For a complete list of job duties please see the job description.
Qualifications:Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form, including the use of two-way radios
- Read, understand and follow instructions, schedules, and safety label directions
- Operate a variety of cleaning and maintenance equipment in a safe manner
- Ability to perform minor repairs
- Must work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others and comply with all safety and environmental regulations
- Must be able to remember, follow through, carry out and complete assignments
- Work cooperatively and effectively with individuals and groups
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Organize and prioritize tasks to meet cleaning schedules
- Perform the physical requirements of the position which include but are not limited to lifting up to 50 lbs unassisted, bending, standing, climbing or walking
- Must be able to work safely in an environment containing caustic chemicals, cleaning materials, dust and noise.
Required Experience:Six months experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties as described. The best candidate for the position is one who takes initiative, ownership, and pride in their work.
Required Educational Background:High School Diploma or GED
Other:Must possess a valid Ohio Driver's License.Ability to read floor plans is a plusExperience with computers and computerized equipment is a plus
The position rate is $12.58 per hour with an additional $0.25 per hour shift differential (total rate of $12.83).
Supplemental Information:Supervises following staff: