Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full-time position of Librarian. The Librarian contributes to academic success by providing a wide range of library services to students, faculty, and staff. Responsibilities include developing and supporting dynamic information literacy and reference services as well as managing the daily operations of the circulation and reference desk.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three professional references when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer.
Examples of Duties:Functional Responsibilities:
- Teach information literacy instruction sessions onsite and online in all subject areas. Collaborate with faculty to design and schedule sessions.
- Lead public service operations including circulation, interlibrary loan requests, computer and printer troubleshooting as well as reference and research assistance to various student and community populations.
- Perform integrated library system maintenance including patron uploads and record correction projects.
- Hire, train, and supervise student workers. Create circulation/reference desk schedule. Coordinate student worker timesheets and monitor budget to ensure the library stays within budgetary guidelines.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the library's web-based services including LibGuides and Blackboard.
- Participate in marketing and assessment of library and learning center services.
- Assist in the selection, weeding, and assessment of the library collection including print and electronic resources.
- Recommend and create policies and procedures for effective utilization of the library.
- Assist patrons in finding grant funders using the using the Foundation Center website and the Foundation Directory Online Database.
- Maintain current knowledge and techniques appropriate to library practices and procedures especially library instruction and technology trends.
- Manage library services in the absence of the Director of the Library and Learning Center.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications:Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
- Knowledge of standard library practices and procedures including MARC21 format, searching of various database platforms, and circulation.
- Strong computer and technical skills. Knowledge of automated library systems workflows and functions. Familiarity with Sierra integrated library system, Blackboard, Colleague, LibGuides, or similar products.
- Knowledge of current and next generation web-based instructional and access services.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while being flexible in the time allotted to complete tasks and prioritize work to achieve the goals and objectives of the department and college as a whole.
- Ability to work professionally and tactfully with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to follow procedures consistently and to pay close attention to detail.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasionally travel to regional campuses.
Two years of library or related work experience is required. Supervisory and instruction experience is desired.
Required Educational Background:
A Master's Degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited institution is required.
Supplemental Information:Supervises following staff:
- Library student workers.
- Other library and learning center staff as assigned.