Regional Admissions Recruiter - 2 Positions (Texas-Dallas/Houston, Southeastern Florida)
Posting DateJune 12, 2019 Position TitleRegional Admissions Recruiter - 2 Positions (Texas-Dallas/Houston, Southeastern Florida) Vacancy #TEMP-061219 DepartmentUndergraduate Admissions DivisionStudent Devel And Campus Life Job Description
Montclair State University is seeking two motivated individuals to join our team as Regional Admissions Recruiters. Reporting to the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions, the Regional Recruiters should be based in the Dallas/Houston or Southeastern Florida area. The Regional Admissions Recruiters will work closely with prospective students and families while attending college fairs and coordinating other admissions and recruitment events on behalf of Montclair State University. The incumbents will also conduct outreach and provide information regarding admissions and programs to interested students, families, school guidance counselors, and school administrators.
***These positions are limited term/temporary: 8-months at 30 hours/week with possibility for renewal pending funding. ***
- Represents the University at college fairs, high school visits, and other recruitment events throughout their designated recruitment area from September - May.
- Coordinates travel to programs and events in assigned recruitment territory.
- Develops and maintains relationships with high school and community college counselors and other school, agency, and community officials.
- Serves as primary contact and provides exceptional customer service to interested parties via phone and e-mail.
- Delivers presentations and represents the University at college fairs, high school visits, and other recruitment events in the assigned territory and elsewhere as needed.
- Advises prospective students in regard to the application process and enrollment procedures throughout the inquiry, applicant, admitted, and enrollment phases of the admissions funnel.
- Conducts outreach to prospective students to encourage attendance to campus events including Open House and Accepted Students Day.
- Identifies opportunities for increased recruitment and engagement of targeted populations for enrollment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Candidates should live in the recruitment region.
- Must have schedule flexibility and be available for evening and weekend programming.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with full-time access to a vehicle.
- Must be able to load and transport admissions materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Strong interpersonal communication and public speaking skills are required.
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- One year of related experience in admissions/higher education or as a student ambassador/school/guidance counselor with advanced knowledge of outreach and admissions activities, customer service and higher education specific software.
- Ideal candidates should have strong interest in working in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated comfort using technology and software related to the recruitment of undergraduate students, including but not limited to Banner and Slate.
- Fluency in a language other than English is desired.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send resumes to Vanessa Devericks, Lead Admissions Counselor, at [email protected].