Welcome to Rowan University’s Career Site
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf.
Job no: 493765
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Categories: Administrative - Clerical
- Under close supervision, performs routine work concerned with delivering, receiving, sorting, distributing, and preparing a large volume of mail items; does other related duties as required.
Examples of Work:
- Performs routine work with the receipt, sorting, and distribution of interoffice, US Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, and Amazon mail.
- Performs routine work with the date stamping and intradepartmental distribution of incoming letters and packages.
- Ensures the proper signatures are obtained where necessary.
- Makes regular and special runs for intradepartmental collections of outgoing mail.
- May drive, load, and/or unload the mail truck.
- Prepares outgoing mail for delivery to a state/local department post office.
- May weigh, stamp, and deliver outgoing mail directly to the US Post Office.
- Inventories mail room supplies.
- Corrects and forwards misdirected mail.
- Ability to utilize a parcel barcoding tracking system for the proper disposition of incoming parcels.
- Experience with mail sorting and postage meter machines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Excel
- A4 ($25,714-$28,948)
- Only completed, online applications submitted on or before the deadline will be considered.
Please note that this position is subject to the NJ First Act, requiring public employees to establish residency in the State of New Jersey. See N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70) for further information.
Advertised: Jun 13 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 27 2019 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time