Data Analytics Specialist
Job location: Chicago, IL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-06-12
TCS Education System is currently seeking a Data Analytics Specialist to join the Office of Institutional Research.
The Data Analytics Specialist is responsible for aiding in the development, implementation, and application of strategies and reporting related to the business intelligence, analytics, and data requirements of TCS Education System and affiliated colleges. This role assists with the development, maintenance, and communication of reports created in alignment with the TCS Education System data analytics vision and strategy. The Data Analytics Specialist collaborates across departments to forward strategic data and analytics projects (e.g. predictive analytics) to ensure staying at the forefront of technological and analytic advancements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advising, developing and implementing strategies for the use of business intelligence, analytics, and dashboard metric and report creation across TCS affiliated institutions, in partnership with Information Technology (IT).
- Implementation of analytic strategies and key performance metrics.
- Partners with IT and line of business leadership on the identification selection, and configuration of products and tools to support the analytics needs.
- In collaboration with OIR leadership, analytics, and reporting specialists across the system, identify the data and analytic requirements supporting effective decision-making.
- Works across teams and organizations to resolve conflicts and align analytic strategies.
- Development and implementation of a training strategies for analytics, business intelligence, and reporting.
- Ability to effectively motivate and oversee professional staff across departments.
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes, and workflows in higher education.
- Ability to work effectively with IT department, Office of Institutional Research, registrar’s offices, all levels of management and staff, consultants, vendors, and representatives from regulatory bodies
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately verbally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of higher education information technology initiatives and data requirements.
- Strong logical reasoning skills.
- Statistical knowledge and training including training in predictive analytics.
- Demonstrated experience using Tableau for data reporting and visualization.
- Experience in project management across departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management or similar degree, Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years of experience working with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, data mining).
- Four years of related work experience in data mining principles, predictive analytics, mapping and collecting data from multiple data systems.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques, designing models, and developing actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to review business processes and translate into BI reporting and analysis solutions.
- Ability to perform sedentary work.
- Ability to operate office equipment including computer, printers, and phone
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.