Medical Assistant - Health Services
Posting DetailsEmployment Opportunity Job Title Medical Assistant - Health Services Department Health Center Services Position Summary
Gettysburg College is seeking a full-time (1,840 hours per year) Medical Assistant to work in the College’s Student Health Service. This position works 40 hours per week during the academic year and 16 hours per week for 10 weeks in the summer. This position provides a variety of clinical and clerical support functions for the student health services center including, but not limited to: patient preparation, laboratory services including venipuncture, reception, chart management, and data entry.Qualifications
Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program is also required. Previous experience as a medical assistant in a medical office is highly preferred. The successful candidate should have knowledge of office practices and procedures, and medical terminology. Additionally, must have the ability to communicate both orally and in writing, and maintain confidentiality. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and general computer applications is required. Experience in venipuncture and laboratory specimen collection is also required.Special Instructions Summary
Position will remain open through June 21, 2019.
Hourly rate: $14.50 – $15.00 per hour, negotiable depending on education and experience.
Status: Full-Time Support StaffPosting Number 20100567A EEO Statement
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate (GED) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Frederick News Post – Local Newspaper
- Gettysburg College Digest
- Gettysburg College Website
- Gettysburg Times – Local Newspaper
- Hanover Evening Sun – Local Newspaper
- LGBT in Higher Ed Website
- Merchandiser – Local Newspaper
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News – Local Newspaper
- Referral from Gettysburg College staff, faculty, friend or family member
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Women in Higher Ed Website
- Other Website or Listserv (Please note specific website or listserv below)
- Other Source (Please note other specific source below)
- If you noted "Other website or Listserv" or "Other source" above, please let us know specifically where you heard about this employment vacancy.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter