Interim Head Coach
Interim Head Coach
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 4905
Appointment: Interim position starting July 2019 and anticipated to last through November 2019. Position is 0.6 FTE.
Supervise and manage the day to day operations of the women's soccer program, including providing tactical and skill instruction, organization of practice and competition, team selections, strength and conditioning program, promote academic success of students, and handle administrative duties as necessary for the operations of the program to meet the mission and vision of the University and department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Coaching / Teaching
- Provide skill and tactical instruction on an individual and team basis during training and competition and prepare team and individuals for competition
- Prepare, plan, conduct and evaluate training sessions
- Conduct team tryouts and make selections. Make coaching decisions in terms of player personnel.
- Develop game strategy based on scouting reports, watching opponents and analyzing game video of opponents. Prepare scouting reports for players.
- Develop and organize strength training and conditioning program for student-athletes to utilize during the season and out of season
- Serve as mentor to student-athletes for purposes of improving athletic ability and team dynamics, providing guidance for academic and social issues
- Establish and monitor team rules
- Teach and grade varsity sport class for academic credit
- Plan, organize, execute, and supervise team travel including hotel accommodations, ground and air transportation, meals, etc.
- Supervise and manage assistant coach(es) and team managers
- Participate in the department planning process and develop long and short term objectives of program
- Collaborate with the office of Athletics Communication in the collection and dissemination of information pertaining the team and student-athletes
- Collaborate with Sports Medicine, as well as the Office of Counseling, Health and Wellness to ensure the health and welfare of the student-athletes
- Collaborate, organize and assist with the game and facilities management specific to sport
- Assist in monitoring the eligibility of student-athletes as well as ensure activities of student-athletes, and coaching staff adhere to NCAA and NWC regulations\
Recruitment of Prospective Student-Athletes
- Coordinate and oversee the recruitment of student-athletes
- Prepare and distribute recruiting material to prospective student-athletes
- Respond to inquiries of prospective student-athletes (e.g., phone calls, in person contact, home visits, electronic mail, etc.)
- Evaluate and assess the athletic and academic abilities of prospects to meet University and program academic and competitive objectives
- Collaborate with the Office of Admissions
- Coordinate on campus visits of prospects (official and unofficial visits)
Part-time, temporary assistant coaches
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree, and three years college coaching experience;
- Possess a strong knowledge of the sport as well as a solid understanding of health and safety standards;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer and video technology skills;
- Excellent leadership, management, and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated level of high ethical conduct;
- Understanding and adherence to institutional, conference, and NCAA rules and policies;
- Knowledge and commitment to the role of Division III intercollegiate athletics in an academically-oriented liberal arts institution;
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
- Letter of Interest
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency