Disability Services Assistant
Performs a variety of office tasks in a highly confidential environment to assist with providing accommodations for student and to assist the Director.
1. Provides primary clerical support for the Center for Access and Accommodative Services (CAAS) including, but not limited to generating reports, memos, forms/letters, compiling materials for student training sessions, meetings/presentations and procurement documentation.
2. Serves as the receptionist for the office and answers the phone, and department e mail.
3. Maintains and manages student exams.
4. Informs faculty of student accommodations.
5. Schedules appointments for staff and student testing, maintain the CAAS calendar for upcoming events and projects, and makes travel arrangements for departmental staff.
6. Upholds campus and CAAS policies and procedures.
7. Oversees maintenance of office equipment, keeps inventory and orders supplies.
8. Oversees note taker contracts, hourly and contractual staff schedules and time sheets, and prepares requisitions for note taker payments.
9. Takes minutes of CAAS staff meetings, types and distributes them.
10. Assists with various special events and student training sessions.
11. Assists with delivering exams and materials on the campus.
12. Follows the timeline for maintaining and updating student records and files.
13. Receives training and be able to use adapted software programs and equipment.
14. Maintain confidentiality of student records.
15. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Director, Center for Access and Accommodative Services
1. Associate's degree
1. Minimum of two (2) years work experience in an office setting