Human Services, Rehabilitation, Health and Sport Sciences Department - Athletic Training Educat...
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Human Services, Rehabilitation, Health and Sport Sciences Department - Athletic Training Education Program Director - Regular - Probationary/Tenure Track - Assistant Professor Posting Number FM01967 Employment Type Regular (Probationary/Tenure-Track) Full Time or Part Time Full Time Campus Clarion Department Human Services, Rehabilitation, Health & Sports Sciences Contract or Position Start Date 07/01/2019 Job Summary/Basic Function
• The Athletic Training Education Program Director is responsible for the overall operation and function of the Masters in Athletic Training Program. This individual will work collaboratively with other faculty to guide the Masters in Athletic Training Education Program (MATEP).
• The position will report to the chair of the Department of Human Services, Rehabilitation, Health and Sport Sciences, housed in the College of Health Sciences and Human Services
• For matters of budgeting and program resources the position reports to the Dean
• This tenure-track/tenured position is 12 months in duration and includes flexibility in scheduling during the winter break and summer months to complete all necessary responsibilities for the MATEP.
• Maintain involvement with students outside of the classroom or laboratory
• Some clinical duties may be required
• Communicates with the medical director
• Participate in scholarly activities
• Participate in University and professional service.
• Participate in the clinical education of students in the MATEP
• Provide leadership in the organization, development, and administration of all aspects of the MATEP.
• Provide leadership in program curricular planning and development
• Develop and manage fiscal and budgetary requirements of the program in cooperation with the Clinical Education Coordinator (CEC), and plan student clinical education site placements for students enrolled in the MATEP.
• In coordination with the CEC, plan and conduct approved clinical instructor training as required by the MATEP’s accrediting agency
• Seek ant maintain relationships with clinical education sites for the MATEPclinical education experiences in coordination with the CEC
• Maintain regular, planned communication with clinical preceptors in coordination with the CEC
• Provide leadership in the outcome assessment of the MATEP.
• Participate in student recruitment, advising, and mentoring
• Performs other reasonable, professionally related duties deemed essential to and consistent with the operation of MATEP as may be assigned by the Dean and/or Department Chair
Earned Doctoral Degree in Athletic Training or related Health Care field
• Board of Certification Certified Athletic Trainer in good standing
• Licensed or eligible to obtain licensure in the state of Pennsylvania in good standing
• Member of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association in good standing
• The candidate is expected to establish and maintain a positive working relationship within the University and the Clarion medical community
• Candidates must be able to support and promote the University’s mission
• Teaching experience in collegiate-level accredited graduate and/or undergraduate accredited athletic training program
• Previous experience as a Program Director or Clinical Education Coordinator
• Experience maintaining CAATE Accreditation documentation
• Clinical experience beyond that required for certification
• Record or student research mentoring
Review of applications will begin on April 30, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.Additional Information
Applicants must complete a successful on campus interview. Prior to employment, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and submit current clearances from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, Pennsylvania State Police and the FBI.
Applicants must apply on line at https://jobs.clarion.edu. Review of applications will begin on (date) and continue until positions are filled.
Clarion University of Pennsylvania is committed to equal employment and equal educational opportunities for all individuals regardless of gender, gender identity, race or color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, religion or creed, genetic information, affectional or sexual orientation, veteran status, or other classifications that are protected under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and other pertinent state and federal laws and regulations. Direct inquiries to the Title IX Coordinator, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, 103 Carrier Administration Building, [email protected] or phone 814-393-2351, or the Director of Social Equity, 210 Carrier Administration Building 16214-1232; Email [email protected] or phone 814-393-2109. Inquiries may also be directed to the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, Department of Education, 330 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20201.Posting Date Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Teaching Philosophy
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).