Business Analyst-Enrollment Management and LifeMap
Department:: Enrollment Management & Life Map
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Jun 12, 2019
Closes:: Jun 27, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
Ref. No.:: NUP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving some 18,000 students annually across all modes of instruction. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry specific training programs. The College is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is a Hispanic and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 900 International Students attend from 107 countries, speaking 75 languages.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
BHCC seeks a versatile and motivated technical/functional Business Analyst with Ellucian (Datatel) Colleague experience to perform professional duties related to the review, assessment, development and operation of technology based business processes in the Academic Records Office. Academic Records is responsible for program/catalog, class schedule, registration, degree audit, grading, transcripts and graduation data and functions. Focus is on those operations requiring technical understanding and capabilities and support for Colleague and other related third-party services, as well as assisting with providing training creating and maintaining user documentation. Reporting to Dean of Enrollment Management and LifeMap with day-to-day reporting to the Associate Dean of Enrollment Services, and working closely with the Information Technology Department, the Business Analyst will also support Admissions projects, functionality online, portal and other technological resources that promote efficient processes and excellent service to students. In the absence of the Business Analyst who works with the other areas of Enrollment Management/Enrollment Services, this position may be asked to cover/take on other projects in the broader Enrollment Services areas, such as Assessment and Advising.
- Manage, support and perform Academic Records processes and technological systems development, implementation and maintenance
- Provide focused support of Colleague Reporting and Operational Analytics (CROA) by developing reports, extracts and interfaces
- Provide focused support for Image Now, electronic document processing and other related interfaces
- Work closely with College IT department in technology solutions and integration for other department specific business functions using third-party software services.
- Understand the basic Colleague component architecture relationship with data (table structures) and integration points between modules
- Understand available Colleague functionality. Advise on solutions while working closely with IT staff to understand impact on overall system
- In consultation with managers and end users, evaluate and recommend software solutions while establishing and maintaining third-party vendor relationships
- Provide end user instruction, support and troubleshooting to implement systems and to resolve applications issues
- Maintain current understanding of all relevant software and hardware, including necessary data interfaces
- Assist in preparing and maintaining documentation, training materials and providing user instruction and training
- Provide support and troubleshooting to resolve application issues
- Perform and coordinate testing of academic records /related functionality with patches and upgrades installed for Colleague and other systems. Assist in determining what is needed to implement new functionality and the impact on business processes
- Assist in Adhoc reporting, providing data field elements, and tasks/projects related to Admissions work that intersects Registrar processes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience performing, managing and supporting technological systems development, implementation and maintenance,
- Experience with an integrated database system such as Ellucian Colleague or Banner, PeopleSoft or other Enterprise Recourse Program (ERP) or Student Information System
- Experience successfully integrating technology
- Knowledge of academic records and Registrar related functions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with keen attention to detail
- Project management experience.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Master's Degree
- Experience in Academic Records and Registrar or similar office
- Knowledge of academic records or Registrar related functions
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with IT staff
- Prior experience in SQL preferred
- Prior experience with CROA preferred
Salary Range: $85,000.00-$95,000.00
Hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m. and Friday 8:30a.m.-4:30p.m. (occasionally hours outside the above schedule may be required)
This position will remain open until filled. To ensure consideration, application materials must be received by June 27, 2019
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE