Job no: 496331
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Finance / Business Support
Reporting to the Director of Budget and Financial Modeling the Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the University’s budget and finance processes. This position works as an integral member of the Finance team to provide budget and financial support to the campus community while ensuring compliance with all internal and external rules and regulations.
Responsibilities include supporting the University’s designated, restricted and capital budget processes as well as the tactical efforts of the Finance team (campus inquiries, journal entries, account analysis, monthly reporting, etc.) and will also work closely with the Senior Accountant to assist in gift and project reporting.
The Financial Analyst will develop and maintain excellent working relationships with various departments and support the Finance Office’s mission of providing superior customer service to the Campus community.
• Prepare, review and edit budget adjustment and journal entry requests.
• Monitor general ledger journal postings, verify sufficient departmental budget exists, and help resolve issues.
• Work directly with the University Advancement office to set-up new gifts in the ledger, answer questions and reconcile the university advancement system to the general ledger.
• Serve as a liaison to the facilities office and other departments across campus for capital and non-capital projects – including the creation of and daily maintenance.
• Assist campus units in interpreting financial and budget reports, analyzing data, and planning budgets.
• Assist in the maintenance and enhancement of forecast models for revenue and expenses.
• Assist in the optimization of the University’s various budget planning tools.
• Assist with the preparation of comparative and historical analysis.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of written departmental procedures, training guides, and other information.
• Assist the accounting staff with account analysis and other accounting tasks as needed.
• Support the Director of Budget and Financial Modeling in the development of long term budget planning and financial forecasting.
• Partner with staff to identify opportunities to enhance financial and business process efficiencies.
• Actively support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Support the Finance Office in other financial operation and budget areas as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
• Proficiency with desktop computer software applications MS Office (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Access) and long-term planning models.
• A results driven focus with proven problem-solving skills, an ability to troubleshoot situations and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of constituents in both written and oral forms.
• Appreciation for and understanding of a mission oriented University including a focus on service and ability to work within a collaborative team environment with cross-functional teams.
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
• Two years of financial and/or budgetary experience
• Experience working in a non-profit or higher education environment.
• Experience using complex integrated ERP systems (Workday, Banner etc.)
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: 12 Jun 2019 Eastern Daylight Time