Event and Facilities Coordinator
Job Title: Event and Facilities Coordinator
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 13737
Department: Athletic Corporation
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $4,160 per month
Note: This position includes full benefits. This is a full-time, exempt position. Athletic Corporation employees are at-will.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Reporting directly to the Director of Events, the Event and Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all facility and event operations for assigned events that take place in athletic facilities, including events held by non-athletic, on campus groups and outside organizations. Incumbent will coordinate event scheduling, set-up and tear-down, and oversee all contracted groups during events. Incumbent is also responsible for the maintenance and condition of assigned facilities. This position will be responsible for supervising part-time and temporary staff members that support the event and facilities operations. Duties will require work during the evenings and weekends.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
- Responsible for coordinating the scheduling, use, and maintenance of facilities and events for students, student-athletes, on-campus groups, and other constituents
- Serve as event supervisor and primary point of contact during selected events
- Oversee contracted groups during events including concessions, security, janitorial, and all others
- Oversee facilities as assigned for safety and compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the overall maintenance and condition of the facilities
- Supervise part-time and temporary events and facilities staff on day-to-day tasks as well as at assigned events, including assigning work and scheduling hours and appropriate staffing coverage
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and monitoring of all events in athletics facilities as assigned
- Assist with the set-up and tear-down for assigned athletics events
- Hands-on facility maintenance, cleaning, and upkeep of assigned athletics facilities
- Inspect and ensure cleanliness and condition of facilities and schedule routine maintenance of facilities as needed
- Coordinate facility preparation with the Assistant Athletic Director of Internal Operations and event preparation with the Director of Events
- Maintain payroll information for temporary and part-time event and facility staff including collecting time sheets and processing all paperwork through the Athletic Business Office
- Serve as liaison between the Ticket Office and Marketing Office in dealing with special promotions in athletic facilities
- Serve as liaison between Grounds and Plant Operations when dealing with facilities issues
- Maintain all event attendance records and complete survey of facilities, event staff evaluations and incident reports as required
- Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Possession of good interpersonal skills, professional tact, and the ability to interpret complex concepts and effectively communicate them to educate others
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to:
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Lift 50lbs and stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Work efficiently in a busy environment while maintaining a professional and courteous attitude in stressful situations
- Establish and maintain good relationships with coaches, staff, and administration
- Exercise professional independent judgment, discretion and initiative in performing duties
- Prioritize assignments with conflicting deadlines
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years work experience in an athletic event coordination environment in multiple venues
- Experience in coordination of safety and traffic for large crowds
- Experience with facility maintenance, upkeep, setup and staffing
- Working knowledge of facility setup according to collegiate rules specifications
- Experience in the assignment and supervision of part-time and temporary staff
- Computer literate
June 24, 2019var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$6','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$6');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$8','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$8');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
California State University, Fresno, in conjunction with the CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: https://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083-rev-7-21-17.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Other Applicant Information
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$10','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$10');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 24,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.