Front Desk Coordinator - Georgetown University Law Center
Front Desk Coordinator - Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Front Desk Coordinator provides computing, technical, research, clerical, and administrative support to the Office of Academic Affairs staff and administers consistent, professional, and timely assistance to the staff, students, faculty, and visitors to this office. S/he interacts via phone, email, and in-person with students, faculty, other Georgetown Law staff members, visitors, and outside vendors, and also negotiates rooms/event space and catering contracts. Reporting to the Executive Director of Academic Affairs, the Front Desk Coordinator has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
General Administration / Front Desk Operations
- Serves as the first point of contact for current and prospective students, faculty, staff, and alumni, providing support services for walk-in, telephone and email inquiries, and managing the department's general email account.
- Ensures that routine questions are answered and dealt with immediately to provide prompt and courteous service, maintaining sensitivity to the students and faculty as well as good judgment.
- Prepares correspondence and memos, revises correspondence and informational materials, assists with mass mailings, and creates mailing lists and rosters as needed.
- Makes phone calls and inquiries and prepares documents for appointments, including retrieving files, transcripts, and confidential information for meetings with students, staff, faculty, and administrators.
- Ensures the timely and accurate delivery of the written responses to the appropriate individuals.
- Ensures that all information provided is accurate and within the guidelines of privacy restrictions.
- When appropriate, directs questions to others within and outside of the department for resolutions.
- Maintains regular communications with co-workers to stay current on policy or deadline adjustments.
- Maintains the website editing on the WordPress (or current) platform.
- Generates and mails letters, distributes materials to faculty, students and administrators, makes copies, and does filing as needed.
Administrative Assistant Duties
- Functions as an assistant to the Assistant Deans and the Executive Directors, responding to faculty requests and inquiries.
- Responds to questions concerning all aspects of services offered by the Office of Academic Affairs, which requires an extensive knowledge and a detailed understanding of administrative regulations, academic policies, and office operational procedures, and the ability to interpret and analyze the foregoing.
- Assists the senior staff in providing prompt assistance and completes information to student and faculty inquiries about academic programs, faculty information, and policies.
- Assists with meeting and event planning, including room reservations, 1ST and facilities requests, and catering orders.
- Provides back-up to the Office Manager by submitting financial submissions through GMS for purchase order requisitions, receipts, journal vouchers, and employee reimbursements.
- Provides support on the annual course scheduling project.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3-4 years' of administrative experience
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with a commitment to working with a diverse student body and faculty
- Ability to be well versed in all Law Center functions, including grades, transcripts, certifications and registration, and to be knowledgeable of all office policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively serve diverse personalities, maintain poise and professional demeanor, diplomacy and tact, sound judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive information in what can be a highly pressured environment
- Experience in event and meeting planning
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with laser printers, scanners and photocopiers
- Familiarity with financial systems, budgeting and accounting
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Law-Center/Front-Desk-Coordinator---Georgetown-University-Law-Center_JR06789
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency