The Success Coach’s primary responsibility is to empower students to thrive academically, personally, and professionally from orientation to graduation through a holistic, student-centered approach. This position will provide proactive and intrusive outreach to current students, and deliver personalized coaching services to ensure all students productively progress through their undergraduate studies. The position entails frequent in-person appointments as well as phone, written, text, and e-mail correspondence to an assigned roster of current students. The Success Coach serves as the primary point of contact to assist students with problems or concerns related to their university experience. Success Coaches use inquiry, critical thinking, active listening, and discussion to help students identify academic, career, and personal goals and develop individualized plans for student success.
*This position will work with Honors and high ability student populations.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work , counseling, or related field required.
- Master’s degree in education, social work, counseling, higher education, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experiences in advising, coaching, counseling, higher education, human resources, teaching or related field.
Communication and other skills:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Understanding of academic standards and institutional policies including FERPA.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on all student records and other confidential matters.
- Computer skills (working knowledge of Microsoft Office suites and educational CRMs/ERPs preferred).
- Ability to contribute to a positive overall student experience.
- Ability to work with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to manage crisis.
- Ability to adapt coaching style based on the individual student.