Asst Registrar Acad Suprt/Curr
The Assistant Registrar contributes to the university’s mission and vision by implementing and exercising functional authority for the integrity and support of all aspects of student records/services. This person will be responsible for hiring, training and supervising staff in the areas of registration, grades, transcripts, administrative adjustments/medical withdrawals, selective service, in-state residency, suspension/dismissal, graduation processing and athletic eligibility reporting and part-time staff and student workers. In addition, the Assistant Registrar will be responsible for the Communications Management system and all communications to students and faculty regarding student records and processing deadlines; pre and post term system setup in Banner; oversight of commencement reporting and planning as it pertains to the Office of the Registrar; supervision and training of part-time staff and student workers; and acts as the Registrar’s Office representative on the university’s committee on State Authorization and Reciprocity Agreements. The Assistant Registrar will maintain a high level of knowledge related to Banner, ApplicationXtender and Registrar’s Office functions including registration, records and scheduling, and will document and train staff, faculty, and students in these areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-4 years’ experience with student information systems (Ellucian Banner preferred), imaging systems, and university policy and procedures required.
- Progressively increasing responsibility within a Registrar’s Office or other student services office.
Communication and other skills:
- Ability to prioritize, strategically plan, work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions and change of focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience working with sensitive and confidential information.
- Proven ability to collaborate with faculty and staff.
- Proven organizational skill required.
- Demonstrated problem solving, conflict resolution, team management and leadership skills.
- Proven technical skill to troubleshoot systems issues quickly and efficiently.
- Commitment to supporting new technology implementation.