Customer and Facilities Services Intern
- Assists with facility coverage and other departmental special events at the RSC and Phillips Hall including planning, staffing, and evaluation; integral part of the Event Management Team.
- Purchase and maintain inventories for all equipment and towel supplies needed for patron check-out.
- Assists with special event requests, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Responsible for at least 2 shifts of pro shop manager coverage/week.
- Works at least 6-12 hours per week in the pro shop.
- Assists with recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating Customer
- Service and Fitness staff (60-75 student staff).
- Report to the Assistant Director regarding supervision, organization, and evaluation of the Customer Service and Fitness staff (60-75 student staff).
- Organizes and conducts annual All-Staff training sessions and monthly student staff meetings.
- Responsible for revision for all staff training videos, presentations, and checklists.
- Responsible for posting/updating facility reservations sheets within the RSC and Phillips Hall, including specific activity areas.
- Serve on various RSC committees.
- Works with the Director and Customer Services Full Time Staff, researching, reviewing, recommending, and initiating new opportunities, changes, and/or action plans to office/facility customer services, policies, procedures, and/or customer offerings.
- Assists with management of the Reception Control, Equipment Checkout, Informal Recreation Coordinator, and Pro Shop areas assuring accountability, efficiency, friendliness, and total quality customer service for both external and internal customers.
- Receive training in Reception/Equipment, Pro Shop, Informal Recreational Coordinator and Special Event staff areas.
- Assists the Assistant Director in coordinating student staff committees to promote student leadership, motivation, communication, and development.
- Responsible for investigating and reviewing customer complaints.
- Attend state, regional, and national conferences/meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working in a collegiate, recreational sports environment.
- Must have current CPR/First Aid, BBP and AED certifications/or obtain within 30days of hiring.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Computer experience required, preferred experience in using Microsoft Office.
Supervisory experience preferred.
EO/AA Statement and Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html (http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html), which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.