Director of Basketball Operations - Women's Basketball
Job DetailsPosition Information Posting Number 18190043EX Job Title Director of Basketball Operations - Women's Basketball Type of Employment Regular Full-Time If Part Time, Enter Hours Per Week Work Location Murray Employment Term 12 Months Position Type Staff - Exempt(Monthly) Department Womens Bsktball Summary of Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Basketball Operations will direct the daily operations of the basketball program. The position will oversee all aspects of recruiting within the sport. This includes planning, and coordinating recruiting visits, managing the recruiting database, and meeting all NCAA compliance regulations. This position will plan and coordinate all team travel within available resources. The position will be responsible for scheduling contests to meet revenue obligations while maintaining competitive balance. The position will also be responsible for coordinating community relations and creating volunteer opportunities for student-athletes. Position will serve as the director for summer camps and clinics. Individual will be the lead contact for all operations of the sport program and direct liaison to the Head Coach.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Organize official and unofficial visits for recruits; Organize and coordinate recruit game-day logistics; Coordinating on campus visits and events.
• Coordinating logistics for events.
• Maintaining the prospective student-athlete pool.
• Create graphic designs and visuals for recruiting purposes.
• Work with the coaching staff to direct the day to day operations of the sport program.
• Maintains the team social media accounts.
• Serve as liaison between coaches and parents – main parent contact
• Serve as the liaison to the Director of Compliance for admission procedures and assist in filing with the NCAA Eligibility Center for all prospective student-athletes.
• Responsible for compiling and processing academic information on prospects.
• Responsible for maintaining academic paperwork for student-athletes.
• Assist with the monitoring of academic progress of student-athletes.
• Adheres to all policy and procedures, including prohibition of contacting faculty directly.
• Serve as director for all summer camps, team camps, and clinics.
• Assist senior department staff with special events including coordinating the end of year banquet and senior send off for each season. Schedule and oversee all logistics of event
• Educate coaches on all rules, serving as liaison to Director of Compliance.
• Maintain effective records and correspondence related to all compliance related matters.
• Direct and coordinate team travel for home/away games, post-season championships.
• Coordinate and plan annual visits to schools, hospitals and volunteer opportunities in the community for student-athletes.
• Responsible for scheduling contests to develop team competition schedules that meets revenue obligations, maintains competitive balance, fits within team travel budgetary resources, is viewed by fans as attractive, remains within NCAA parameters, and positions team strategically for post-season competition (i.e. seeding)
As a member of the Murray State University Athletic Department, you shall comply with all applicable NCAA rules and regulations as provided in the NCAA Division I Manual. If you are found in violation of NCAA regulations, you shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant repetitive violations.Minimum Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree requiredMinimum Experience and Skill Requirements
• One year of experience in a collegiate sport specific program required, preferably at the NCAA Division I level.
• Demonstrated proficiency with video editing platforms, social media, and Microsoft Office.
• Strong knowledge of intercollegiate athletics
• Effective communication, both written and oral
• Ability to work with diverse groups of student-athletes, coaches & staff
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
• Exceptionally strong organizational skills
• Ability to understand budgeting principles
• Proficient with video editing software specific to sport application
• Highly proficient with current technology and trends
• Master’s degree preferred.Physical Demands Work Hours Minimum Salary Maximum Salary Posting Details Posting Date 06/11/2019 Closing Date 07/02/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of Application
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Letter of Application
- Other Document